Highlights for Fall Open Studios 2019:
The participation fee is $150 per artist. Applications can only be submitted electronically.
To be accepted, your registration package must be totally complete, which is defined as:
a) Completed and signed application
b) 2 hi-resolution digital photos electronically submitted
c) Payment of the fee $150
d) SVAC membership paid up to date
The deadline for having your completed package submitted is: July 20, 2019.
We are going to cut-off the number of participating artists at 50 to help ensure a financially successful tour for as many artists as possible. This will be done on a first come/first serve basis.
We will use the time/date stamp of when the complete application package is electronically received. If we somehow receive an incomplete application, it will not be considered received. Once we receive 50 completed application packages, we will cut-off the application process and send an email to that effect to all SVAC members. At the point of reaching 50, we will create an official waitlist. Please be aware that we anticipate having 50 complete applications before the July 20th deadline and closing the registration process.
Everyone must participate on a committee which requires a minimum of a five hour commitment. Committee sign-ups will occur via email to all participants sometime in September. Failure to fulfill your committee obligation will disqualify you from participation in Open Studios for the following year.
We encourage several artists to participate at a single studio; however, it is the responsibility of the artist(s) to come together for this type of arrangement.
If you decide not to participate on a Committee, you can pay a $75 additional fee to fulfill your work requirement.
SVAC Open Studio - Requirements for Participation
The Open Studio fee is $150 and you must be or become a SVAC member in good standing and have paid your corresponding dues. If a spouse or studio partner wishes to become a participant in Open Studios, that person must also become an SVAC member and pay the $150 Open Studio fee.
II. Application Submission and Payment:
The on-line application is now comprehensive, so the three major steps in completing the application process are now all contained within this application.
• Step One - complete and digitally sign the application (below)
• Step Two - upload your photos according to the instructions (below)
• Step Three - hit the "Submit Application and Pay" button and pay thru PayPal
This online application cannot be submitted unless it is complete, i.e. the software will not allow it to be processed.
III. Tour Requirements:
In order to maintain professionally high standards for the studio tour and in respect for our audience who has an expectation that artists will be in attendance as publicized, all tour artists must agree to be in attendance at their assigned studios for the duration of the tour weekend and agree to the following:
If I am a host artist:
1. I will not allow any unregistered artists to display in my studio.
2. I will not represent another artist’s work for sale in my studio.
3. I agree to open my studio from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Friday and Saturday and from 12 to 5 PM on Sunday and will be present during those hours.
4. My studio is an actual working studio and I will show visitors my workspace, materials, tools, works-in-progress, and demonstrate my art.
If I am a guest artist:
1. I agree to be present at my host studio during the Tour hours.
2. I agree to present only the art which I create as stated in my application and understand that it is unacceptable to use the venue to sell anything other than my own artwork and prints of my art.
3. I will present a demonstration of my work and/or works in progress to help educate the visitors on my work processes.
1. Every artist is required to fill out an Open Studios feedback form that details what we did right, what we could do better and asks for your overall feedback on the event.
2. It includes a question on the range of revenue produced by your personal sales, such as $1,000 - $1,500. This question must be answered as it is important data to demonstrate our growth for grant purposes. Your specific information is not shared with anyone outside the executive committee.
IV. Licenses and Insurance
a) Personal Liability Insurance must be provided by the participant to cover possible injury to participants and the general public.
b) A current Arizona Tax License must be obtained by the participant and all sales tax on sales of art work will be the responsibility of the participant. This license is called a Transaction Privilege Tax (TPT) and is available from the AZ Department of Revenue at https://www.aztaxes.gov/Home
c) For artists selling inside the Sedona city limits, a current City of Sedona Sales Tax License must be obtained by the participant. All City of Sedona sales taxes will be the responsibility of the participant.
The participation (entry) fee covers marketing, including design and printing of the brochure, and other promotional efforts:
a) Each artist is responsible for submitting two, high resolution, digital photographs for the Brochure. Different from in the past, the photos must be part of your application and received by July 20, 2019.
b) Press releases about the tour are sent out by the marketing team. We require that artist do not send out press releases on their own.
c) A professionally designed email template will be made available for distribution via email to your personal list as well as SVAC’s database.
d) All email addresses collected as a result of this event are considered joint property and must be submitted to SVAC as a part of each artist’s final report.
VI. Committee Participation
Every Open Studio’s participant must serve on an operating committee to make this a successful event. Participant understands it requires a minimum Five Hour Commitment from each artist to help make the event a success. Each committee will have a chairperson who will be managing the team and ensuring that each member participates fully.
VII. Sanctions for not Adhering to the Requirements:
a) Failure to adhere to these detailed requirements will result in a one-year ban from participating in any SVAC exhibition or Open Studio Tour.
b) Please be aware that an SVAC delegate will be visiting all of the studios to ensure compliance with the above outlined rules.