The Foundation of NACE Scholarship Programs provide awards/scholarships in the form of tuition grants, travel grants, leadership training grants, and professional development to those who want a career in the catering and events industry.
The Vince DeFinis Scholarship Program honors the founder of the first NACE chapter, Vincent DeFinis, CPCE, of NACE in Philadelphia, and is designed to offer support to undergraduate students and/or members in the hospitality industry who demonstrate leadership abilities.
Undergraduate students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- All applicants must be currently enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours or more) in an accredited hospitality or related program.
- Applicant's graduation date must not be before May 2019, and applicants must have completed 30 credits.
- All applicants must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
- Applicants must submit a resume and an essay (no more than 1000 words).
- Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation: one from a catering or event company and one from a professor.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Submission deadline is March 31, 2019.