Shop drawings, submittals, and all design provided by EES based on equipment that was quoted along with submitting for AHJ approval and permitting. The actual fire alarm permit will be the responsibility of the installing company.
1) All related quoted equipment for the project will be delivered to the installing contractor by means of EES’ discretion. At this time equipment will be billed for and payment expected as per agreed terms on the EES’ quote. All deliveries need to be inspected within 24 hours and any issues need to be brought to our attention.
2) EES will provide installation tips and look over project during installation period.
3) When the installation is 100% complete a technician can then be scheduled for final hookup and testing. Any required phone lines will need to be installed and active. All wiring will need to be checked for shorts and grounds. Any issues found should be fixed before requesting an EES technician. If the EES technician detects any problems with the wiring it will be brought to the installing company’s attention and will need to be fixed before EES can continue working on the project. Any deviation from drawings will need to be reported to the EES install manager.
4) EES will provide one technician for programming and testing. Additional labor for testing, labeling, and inspections will be provided by the installing company while the EES tech operates the panel.
5) EES will terminate all panels, power supplies and annunciators unless it is noted on the quote.
The installing company will terminate ALL field devices and terminal cabinets and will label all connections with label tape designed for use on cable/wire. Duct tape, colored electrical tape or sharpie markers will not be accepted.
6) System Monitoring: EES offers U.L. listed monitoring for the customer.
If monitoring from a third party is desired by the customer, all information will need to be provided to EES technician at the time of hookup. That vendor WILL BE required to sign the NFPA 72 form on behalf of that monitoring company.
7) EES will provide canned smoke detector test smoke, smoke machines, heat guns, and any other tools needed for testing of system. Any special ladders or lifts will be provided by the installing company.
8) EES will provide system device zone maps as per required by the local AHJ.
9) Any missing or damaged parts are the sole responsibility of the installing contractor and there will be a cost incurred for replacement. An approved P.O. will be required before replacements will be ordered.
10) Any additional labor due to incomplete and/or faulty wiring will be billed to the installing contractor after a signed P.O. is received.
11) Please note that a minimum of two weeks notification will be required to ensure EES will be able to schedule a technician for the project and that a schedule that is behind will not be “bailed out” by EES. An estimate will be given to the installing contractor on the amount of time our technician will need to perform his duties as long as all the devices and wire are complete and correct. Please plan and allow time to complete project in order to meet any job deadlines.