Intravenous and Intramuscular injection therapy and risks
At Nüvo You, we provide IV (intravenous) and IM (intramuscular) injection therapies. These treatments include administration of some combination of IV fluids (Normal Saline or Lactated Ringer’s), anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals, amino acids, and electrolytes. The insertion of an IV is a needle puncture for insertion of a flexible plastic catheter. A small amount of bleeding is normal with this. All staff performing procedures are state-licensed physicians, PA’s, NP’s, nurses, or paramedics. The risks of IV treatment include pain, bleeding, bruising, soft tissue injury, infection and blood clots.
Our vitamin injections are injected either into the arm or buttock region. The risks also include pain, bleeding, bruising, soft tissue injury and infection.
We take every step to minimize these risks, and overall they are rare. However, they are a possibility with each procedure. Our physician is available for evaluation of complications from our procedures as well.
By signing below, you certify that you understand and agree with the following:
· I have read and understand the above.
· I am at least 18 years of age, or am accompanied by a parent or guardian.
· I have provided complete and accurate medical screening information above, to the best of my knowledge.
· I attest I am not under the influence of alcohol or any other mind-altering substances.
· I understand that Nüvo You does not accept any insurance or health savings plan payments.
· I recognize that while most people feel benefits from therapies with Nüvo You, there is no guarantee of this.
· I agree to follow all instructions given by Nüvo You staff, and that refusal to do so is grounds for immediate termination of treatment.
· I understand that Nüvo You will not issue a refund for any reason once treatment is completed.
· I agree not to leave the direct supervision of Nüvo You staff while I have an IV catheter in place.
· I release Nüvo You from medicolegal or financial liability and responsibility for adverse medical outcomes that may result from treatments.
· I understand that Nüvo You is under constant video supervision and agree to this monitoring.