Hello there! You have just entered the application portal for the Spring 2019 March4Music Positive Young Men & Women’s Musical Youth Conference. We are so excited that you have decided to participate in this wonderful program designed just for you! Yes you! You are the future of Memphis and we want to do everything we can to prepare you for what the world has to offer. It is our hope that through this program, you will go out and become the best trailblazers you can be with a commitment to improving the city of Memphis as a whole.
We hope that through this camp, you will be able to achieve the following goals:
· Honor the life and vocal legacy of Aretha Franklin through musical seminars, games, and assessments geared towards allowing you to promote their appreciation of soul, blues, and gospel music.
· Promote awareness in the areas of College-Readiness, ACT-preparation, Financial Awareness, Establishing/Maintaining Credit, much more.
· Enhance your knowledge of job and eventually career-readiness through the development and maintenance of supplementary employment materials such as resumes and cover letters.
· Preparing you on how to become productive and intellectual scholars in the 21st Century using inspirational Positive Young Men & Women motivational seminars and political/educational awareness seminars.
· Promote health/wellness through light recreational activities and the option for CPR-Certification.
· Encourage your future endeavors toward the upbuilding of Memphis through viewing innovative sights that depicts our history through field-trips.
Upon completing this application, please set aside 15-20 minutes answering all questions as accurately as possible. We also ask that you have a parent with you as they are required to answer questions as well as sign the application along with you at the end. This application consists of 5 parts. Each part of the application are very easy to get past. However, one part of the application will require you to submit an essay. For your courtesy, we have provided the following prompts below. Our suggestion is that it is more beneficial to have your essay written before completing the rest of the application which makes your navigation through the application run more quicker, faster, smoother. Should you have any questions or technical issues, please e-mail email@example.com
Essay Questions: (500 words or less)
Take some time to think about how you would answer the questions below. All questions must be answered in order for your essay to be considered complete. Your essay will be reviewed along with your application to determine if you are best fit for this program, therefore, you are encouraged to use this essay to give it your all in the answers to these questions. Let us know why this conference is important you. How would your attendance to the conference benefit you.
What does it mean to be a leader? What qualities exemplify one? What is your life goal and how would participating in this youth conference get you closer to meeting those goals? Why would you like to participate in the Spring 2019 March4Music Positive Young Men & Women Musical Youth Conference?