The Science Mill is pleased to offer you and your student engaging, fun summer camp opportunities. In order to ensure that every camper has a great experience, we ask that all campers and guardians fully understand our expectations for participation in Science Mill summer camps. Both the camper and guardian should read the behavior agreement below.
- I will cooperate with all camp counselors, Science Mill staff and my fellow campers in all camp activities
- I will act and behave responsibly, so that I do not interfere with others being able to enjoy camp
- I will follow all rules established on the first day of camp
- I will act and speak positively and kindly to all campers and staff (i.e. no swearing, inappropriate comments, etc.)
- I will follow these expectations so that I can have FUN, make lots of FRIENDS, and LEARN new things
Should campers choose to not follow the behavior expectations above, they will be given “three strikes” before being dismissed from camp.
- First Strike: Camper is separated from camp activities temporarily. The incident is discussed with the camper and documented. Warning issued. Parent/guardian notified via email/phone by end of day.
- Second Strike: Camper is separated from camp activity and escorted to the Camp Manager’s office. Incident is discussed with camper and documented. A 2nd and final warning is issued. Parent/guardian notified by phone immediately.
- Third Strike: Camper is separated from camp activity and escorted to the Camp Director’s office. Camper dismissed from camp. Parent/guardian notified by phone immediately. Arrangements are made with parent/guardian to pickup camper immediately. No refund will be provided.
No Tolerance Offenses: The Science Mill reserves the right to immediately dismiss any camper whose actions or behaviors endanger themselves, other campers, or camp staff. This is including but not limited to the possession of tobacco, drugs, or alcohol of any kind while at camp. No refund will be provided.
Should you have any questions regarding these behavior expectations and consequences, please contact Sonia Gonzalez firstname.lastname@example.org.