Thank you for applying as a mentee in the first ever Southeast Storm Triathlon Club mentoring program which runs from March 7, 2019 until September 7, 2019.
This year we are offering 1:1 mentoring partnerships. A mentor's role is to provide guidance and input based on their experience, to answer questions and help you problem solve. Mentors are not coaches.
All Storm members are entitled to 2 cycles as a mentee. To be able to continue the program and the learning, mentees are expected to volunteer as a mentor within 4 years of being a mentee.
Here are the parameters to apply as a mentee:
1. New to triathlon and beginners
2. Experienced Triathletes - for people who want to move up to a new distance
3. People new to the club and want a mentor for any distance.
In order for us to make the best possible match so that you get the most from the program, we need to gather some information from you. Please be candid because that will help us make the best possible matches.
Your information will be kept confidential. We will delete the files once the matching is completed.
By applying to this program, you are agreeing to:
- Engage in the mentoring process with the Storm mentor with whom you are matched
- Meet a minimum of 6 times - where and when to be decided by you and your mentor.
- Communicate a minimum of 2 times per month. You can and are encouraged to connect even more.
- Attend the Mentoring Orientation on March 14, 6:30pm - 8:30pm. Location TBD
- Attend the mid-program check-in in early June .
- Where possible, attend club meetings and group workouts as a means of connecting with your mentoring partner.
- Complete program evaluations and feedback to help us learn and fine tune the program
NOTE: You must be a registered 2019 Storm member to be able to participate in the mentoring program.
The new season is upon us!