Thank you for volunteering as a mentor in the first ever Southeast Storm mentoring program which runs from March 7, 2019 until September 7, 2019.
We are going to offer 1:1 mentoring partnerships.
Your job as a mentor is to provide guidance and input based on your experience, to answer questions and help your mentee problem solve. Mentors are not coaches. The online learning modules set the expectations and context for this mentoring program. You'll receive the access link along with your matching information. Each online module is between 5-8min in length.
Here are the parameters for the program:
1. New to triathlon and beginners
2. Experienced Triathletes - for people who want to move up in a new distance
3. People new to the club and want a mentor for any distance.
In order for us to make to make the best matches so you get the most from the program, we ned to gather some information from you. Please be candid because that will help us make the best possible matches.
Your information will be kept confidential. We will delete the files once the matching is completed.
By applying to this program, you are agreeing to:
- Engage in the mentoring process with the Storm mentee with whom you are matched
- Meet a minimum of 6 times - where and when to be decided by you and your mentee.
- Communicate a minimum of 2 times per month. You can and are encouraged to connect even more.
- Attend the Mentoring Orientation on March 14, 6:30pm - 8:30pm. Location TBD
- Attend the mid-program check-in in June.
- Where possible, attend club meetings and group workouts as a means of connecting with your mentoring partner.
- Complete program evaluations and feedback to help us learn and fine tune the program
NOTE: You must be a registered 2019 Storm member to be able to participate in the mentoring program.
The new season is upon us!