In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Walking Club, sponsored by Chi Chi Omega Chapter, and all related events and activities including transport to and from the activities (hereafter called the Program), I- the undersigned- acknowledge, appreciate, and agree to the following:
1. I understand that any individuals who may lead group activities are not physical or athletic trainers, or medically trained, and are therefore not qualified to give fitness, training and/or technique advice nor are they qualified to identify or treat injuries.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown and assume full responsibility for my participation in the Program.
3. I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation.
4. I will not engage in any activity beyond my capabilities and will not cause any party to be endangered by any of my actions during the program. I warrant and represent that I am in good health and have no physical or mental limitations or problems that would affect my safe participation or the safety of others in the program and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
5. By participating in or attending any activity in connection with this program, I consent to the use of any photographs, pictures, film or videotape taken of me for publicity, promotion, television, websites or any other use and expressly waive any right of privacy, compensation, copyright or other ownership right connected to same.
6. I understand neither Chi Chi Omega Chapter nor Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated can guarantee my safety while attending or participating in the program. I understand that participation in a walking program exposes me to risks such as walking-related injury, traffic injury, injury due to falls and other hazards from walking in different settings, and exposure to hazardous weather conditions and weather related illness. I assume all risks.
7. Medical and health information is given from time to time in this Walking Club. I understand that this information is being given for general knowledge and is not intended to replace a personal consultation with my doctor or health care provider. I will consult my doctor or health care provider as to any personal health concerns.
8. In consideration for my taking part in the Walking Club, I, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators,
successors, and assigns, release, waive, and hold harmless Chi Chi Omega Chapter and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated from any and all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, actions and causes of action with respect to death, injury or property damage, however caused and whenever realized, arising out of my participation in the program.