If you are interested in donating a horse to our program, please read through the notes below and complete this application in full. All submitted applications are reviewed by our Board of Directors on an ongoing basis.
SUBMISSION OF THIS FORM DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE INTO OUR PROGRAM.
Donated horses must:
• Be safe to work with on the ground and under saddle
• Have a current negative Coggins
• Be up to date on de-worming and vaccinations (copies of all records will be requested)
• Be up to date on trimming
• Have all registration papers and records surrendered to Equuvation
• Be transported to Equuvation facilities by the donating party
If the owner wishes to take a tax deduction of $5,000 or more, the IRS form 8283 provided by the donor must be completed and filed, including an appraisal summary. This is made on Schedule B IRS Form 8283, and needs to be signed and dated by the charity and a qualified appraiser, and contain information specified in Schedule B relating to the donor, the horse, the donee and the appraiser. The burden of proof of the horse's value lies with the original owner.