1. Completed Application
- Complete the application form include attachments if needed. The application begins when clicking "Next".
2. Personal Statement
- Compose a thoughtful Personal Statement responding to ALL of the following questions:
1. Describe your personal background. What are some of your goals and interests?
2. What are some challenges you have overcome? In what ways have they helped shape your character?
3. In what ways has your participation in TRIO and other educational opportunity programs impacted your personal, career and academic ambitions?
Please provide us with examples and detailed responses that fully address each question.
1. 300 to 500 TOTAL words
3. Double Spaced
4. Times New Roman 12 Point Font
- Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Submit transcripts of all coursework completed up to this point.
4. Letters of Recommendation
- Two letters of recommendation
- One letter must be from a current NorCal WESTOP member.
- Recommendations should address the applicant’s potential to succeed in postsecondary education, unique personal characteristics, growth, and active participation in educational opportunity/TRIO programs, and need for financial assistance.