In order to be admitted to Open Workshop, you will need to read carefully and agree to the following terms:
All equipment in Open Workshop will be handled with care. The applicant is responsible for saving his or her own project. Open Workshop can only help but not be responsible for storage.
All the material produced in connection with the project should clearly feature The Animation Workshop's logo, and state that it has been produced with the support of Open Workshop. When crediting Open Workshop please use the following sentence: "Supported by the Open Workshop department of The Animation Workshop".
The credit should always follow the project. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure, that any third party will respect this.
The applicant is responsible for delivering copies of the produced material to Open Workshop. These should be of the highest available quality.
In addition, the applicant must deliver:
- A pitch and a synopsis for the project
- Artwork to be used for promotion of Open Workshop
- CVs of alle crew involved
The above should be delivered in digital form. During his/her stay at the Open Workshop, the applicant is expected to fill out the Residency Completion form before departure from the Open Workshop.
The applicant is responsible for keeping the Open Workshop staff informed about the current status of the project while at Open Workshop, as we as for updating the Open Workshop staff about the after having left OW.
Upon completion of the project, the applicant is responsible for informing Open Workshop by submitting the Project Completion form.
The applicant holds all rights to the produced material.
Open Workshop holds the non-commercial, self-promotional rights to:
- Produce necessary copies for making status reports to Open Workshop's funders
- To use copies or parts of the material for promotion of Open Workshop (on any medium)
- If it is a fully produced film/game/etc., the right to promote Open Workshop by including the material on DVDs, websites and any other medium (any release will be made in accordance with the producer/rights holder and with his/her planned release schedule: i. e. nothing will be realease on any medium until the producer/rights holder agrees to it in writing)
Basic info from all received applications, whether accepted or not, such as gender, nationality, project type etc. will be included in statistics. Individual records are anonymized or deleted within the legal timeframe for dealing with such records, in accordance with EU law.