Thank you for your interest in The Theatre Lab's Life Stories Institute. You're on your way to harnessing the power of the dramatic arts to encourage wellness, inspire empathy, and drive positive self-expression in your community and/or workplace.
Please take a moment to review the materials needed to apply.
A completed application includes:
1) This online form. It's not possible to save entries in this form and return to it later, so please be sure you've assembled everything you need before you begin, especially your Statement of Purpose.
2) Resume of work experience
3) Resume of theatrical or other artistic experience, if you have one
4) Statement of Purpose
Scholarship applicants only: If you are not applying for a scholarship, please skip 5-7.
5) Self-Assessment of your ability to incorporate the Life Stories methodology into the work you are presently doing with people from vulnerable populations
6) Statement of need
7) Two letters of recommendation, preferably from people who have taught you or supervised your work. Letters may be:
emailed directly from the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org, OR
mailed to The Life Stories Institute, The Theatre Lab, 733 8th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001.