By my signature below, I acknowledge my understanding that both my personal reputation and the reputation of the University of Rochester can benefit from the manner in which I represent myself. I therefore affirm my wish to be considered for formal nomination or endorsement by UR for a national student fellowship or award.
To that end I hereby grant the following permissions and waivers, with the understanding that the purpose of this release is for the University of Rochester to consider my application or nomination for a merit-based national scholarship or fellowship.
1. I waive my right to view recommendation, nomination, or endorsement letters written for the purpose of the fellowship competition. While the authors may provide copies of these letters to me, I understand that this is a courtesy by the author and does not affect this waiver.
2. As required under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, commonly known as FERPA, I give permission for my grade point average (GPA), transcripts, individual course grades, and individual assignment grades to be used and discussed as a part of the award competition. I give permission for the Fellowships Office of the University of Rochester to request official and unofficial copies of my transcript(s) as part of the application process.
3. I grant my consent to the Fellowships Office of the University of Rochester to check my official college records for any violations of either the University’s academic or conduct policies.
a. I waive my rights of confidentiality in my Board on Academic Honesty records and authorize the Board to report to the Fellowships Office any record of violations for which I have been found responsible.
b. I waive my rights of confidentiality in regards to any UR conduct offense violations and authorize the Fellowships Office to obtain a copy of any disciplinary report(s) from the Office of the Dean of Students. The ODOS may also provide contextual information as to the severity of those offenses.
4. I consent to the Fellowships Office sharing selected information about my fellowship/scholarship application for the purpose of publicity, especially as to any success I may have in the competition.
5. I agree to notify the Fellowships Office if I withdraw from competition.