Project Proposal Upload
The proposal should include:
- A concise / sound rationale statement and appropriate methods for incorporating the study of geography into the social studies curricula.
- Complete program description that highlights specific geography skills and knowledge that will be introduced or reinforced; i.e., incorporation of the National Geography Standards as identified in Geography for Life (2012), the "The Five Themes of Geography", appropriate sections of NCSS, National Curriculum Standards for Social Studies: A Framework for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (2010), and appropriate sections of the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework
- Number of teachers and students served.
- Specific plans for enhancing geographic literacy.
- Specific criteria for and means of evaluating program effectiveness.
- Feasibility of program implementation.
- Statement of potential program impact after first year.
- Specific line-item budget for $2,500 program grant. Grant funds may not be used for indirect costs.
- Vitae or professional resumes for each key person involved in the implementation of the grant.
Proposal Upload Guidelines
Please upload your proposal below in a single document in pdf, doc or docx format with clearly labeled subject headers that identify materials according to this list of nomination requirements. Links to external websites are not acceptable, and will be disregarded by the selection committee. Maximum file size to be uploaded for each non-text box item is 1MB. File types accepted are: pdf, doc, docx.