COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP Application & Criteria
The SWTF College Scholarship will be given to one female and one male entering college for the amount of $1,000 each. One time per year.
To be considered for the Southwest Tennis Foundation College Scholarship:
1. Applicant MUST be a graduating senior and a USTA Southwest member having participated in USTA Southwest tournaments or programs.
2. Applicant must show academic record throughout high school
3. Qualities of leadership and community service
4. Extracurricular accomplishments including tennis activities
5. Good academic & disciplinary standing (player may not have any suspension points or other penalties imposed by any Tournament Committee or other administrative body)
6. Must show Financial Need
The Following items must be included/provided on the application.
1. A completed signed application by Applicant and parent/guardian.
2. Applicant must provide copies of parents/guardian federal income tax return for most recent filed tax year. For security of applicant's & families, it is recommended social security # be blacked out or removed from all tax information submitted with application. This information will remain confidential, but is necessary for proper evaluation of Financial need.
3. Copy of Academic transcript and SAT or ACT test results
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. List of extracurricular activities, tennis activities & community service
6. Personal statement to also include education expectations and career goals
7. Picture for publication purposes
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THIS APPLICATION IS MAY 1 of each calendar year. Applications will not be accepted unless completed in full and submitted with a picture by May 1st.