• Applicant must be a CISD graduating senior in the Spring of 2019 and planning to attend an accredited college/university OR an Alumni, graduate of CSHS prior to 2019.
• The scholarship money will be sent directly to the college/university upon enrollment in the Fall. Students will be required to provide the Carroll Education Foundation (CEF) with a Current Enrollment Verification Certificate from the accredited college/university they are attending. Trade schools are also eligible for Alumni.
• The presentation of the award will occur at the May 3rd 2019 Senior Awards Ceremony. Alumni will be notified separately in May.
• Award funds will be sent directly to the accredited college/university upon enrollment in Fall.
• Scholarship money must be utilized for the Fall 2019/Spring 2019 academic year.
• Money that is not requested by Dec. 31, 2019 will be forfeited.
1. All portions of the application must be completed. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
2. Complete application must be submitted online by midnight CST on April 14, 2019.
3. After the application is received, you will receive an email confirmation. This email confirmation must be saved, if proof is needed that submission was completed. If you DO NOT receive a confirmation for any reason, it is the applicant's responsibility to contact the CEF Scholarship Committee prior to the submission deadline. NO submissions will be considered after the deadline out of fairness to all participants.
There are four submission requirements to this application:
1. Brief Essay. Respond to only ONE of the prompts below.
-For 2019 CSHS Graduate: Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find engaging. Why does it captivate you? Who or what to you turn to when you want to learn more? (max 500 words).
-For CSHS Alumni: Describe what it means to be a Dragon for life?
2. Teacher Recommendation. This may be a teacher, instructor, coach, or other adult from whom the student has received instruction.
3. Other Recommendation. This may be a community member, employer, or other meaningful adult. (not a teacher)
4. Copy of CISD Transcript