Read and sign before continuing.
1. Training philosophy: We are force-free and science-based trainers.
2. Every client we work with must be in the force-free or positive reinforcement mindset or willing to learn about it and make the necessary changes. We are positive reinforcement for our clients and their pets and will not judge anyone trying to learn and better themselves or their relationships with their pets.
3. Equipment: Shocks, noxious sprays, sprays, prong or choke collars, and pain/fear-inducing techniques are not permitted during or between training sessions. If you move forward, you agree not to start or stop using the above tools moving forward. We will work with you on certain tools (prong collars) to find better alternatives, but we ask that you be open to change.
4. Payment: Payment is due upfront to secure your spot. If you have not paid within 7-days of booking, your appointment will be automatically cancelled (you will receive a confirmation email of this fact, but no phone call).
5. Cancellation: After payment, you can cancel at any time with a $30 cancellation fee. Fees are non-refundable 72 hours before your appointment.
6. Rescheduling: Any rescheduled appointment is subject to a rescheduling fee of $30.
7. Class Cancellation/Rescheduling: Cancellation for a class are subject to a 50% refund. Fees are non-refundable 72 hours before the start of any class. Rescheduling a class is not possible.
8. Training Commitment: The trainer is here to aid and give expert professional advice, but you are the primary trainer for your dog/cat. If the trainer gives homework and you're unable to complete it, you understand this will impact your results.
9. Training: There are no quick fixes in training when noxious methods aren't being employed. Taining takes practice and consistency over time. You agree to follow the trainer's instructions to the best of your ability, and if you cannot at any point, the living conditions or pet's behaviour changes, you will let the trainer know immediately.
10. Safety: You understand that you, the owner are responsible for your safety, the safety of anyone coming into contact with your pet (dog or cat), and your pet's safety.
11. Liability: You understand that Saggy Dog and its staff and trainer(s) are not liable for any property damage or personal injury to other animals and people, as this is your sole responsibility.
12. Services: The trainer may recommend online, in-person, or a mixture. Even if in-person is recommended, handouts and homework may be highly tech-based and online. If you work with Shaggy Dog, you agree to a tech-based service and move forward with that understanding.
10. Agreement to communicate: signing below is your agreement to allow the trainer to communicate about the training situation with necessary professionals (certified trainers, licensed veterinarians, veterinary behaviourists specialists, certified rescue organisations, and other professional bodies that may be helpful) when it is deemed to be helpful to get further advice and perspective or history for the training of your pet. Limited identifying information, and only when necessary, will be provided between these communications. Anything more or outside this scope will be confirmed in writing with you, the client, prior to communications.
If you do not agree with any of the above and don't think it's the right fit but still need help, please email Shaggydogtraining@gmail.com, and we can give recommendations to other trained professionals that can assist with your specific situation.