Photoshop Quiz Units 1 & 2
Which class are you in?
1. Select three file formats you can select from the "Save for Web" Dialog box? CHOOSE THREE
2. You took a picture of your front yard, and there's a pesky squirrel sitting in the grass that you want to remove. You draw AUTOMATICALLY remove the squirrel, replacing him with more grass?
Layer>New Fill Layer
Use the Magic Wantd
Use the Healing Brush
3. How do you open the dialog box to save the current arrangement of tools and panels in Photoshop?
Right-click on the PS Icon in the top left of the interface and select "Save Current Workspace..."
Select Edit>Workspaces...and click "Add New..."
Select Workspace Chooser>New Workspace...
Select File>Save Workspace...
4. (iMAGE ABOVE) How do you automatically set the white balance (sometimes called “Color Balance”) in an Image?
5. In what two areas can you reset a workspace that has been configured poorly? SELECT TWO.
Right-click the PS icon in the top left of the interface and choose "Reset Workspace"
Edit > Workspaces > Reset (Workspace Name)
Window > Workspace > Reset (Workspace Name)
Workspace Chooser > Reset (Workspace Name)
File > Preferences> Workspaces... and then choose which workspace to reset.
6. How should you save a document as a PSD?
Choose File>Save As... and be sure "Photoshop" is selected in the file type/format selector
Choose File>Save For Web... and be sure "Photoshop" is selected in the file type/format selector
Choose File>Export... and be sure "Native" is selected in the file type/format selector
Choose File>Export... and be sure "Photoshop Native" is selected in the file type/format selector
7. Which tool allows you to to correct imperfections (such as scratches, pimples, or stray hairs) in your image by blending the pixels around where you click?
Spot Healing Brush tool
Quick Select tool
8. The Rule of Thirds is used to make an appealing layout by placing image elements on intersecting lines. How are these lines laid out?
Two horizontal dividers, two vertical dividers, creating 9 equal sized boxes.
Three dividers horizontally by three dividers vertically, creating Sixteen Equal Sized divisions.
Three boxes within three boxes- forming overlapping divisions of thirds.
Three diagonal dividers slanting each way, creating a network of diamonds that point to important elements.
9. How do you hide or display the rulers in the interface?
Choose View>Rulers from the menu
Choose "Ruler Display" option in the Preferences
Choose View>Extras>Rulers from the menu
Choose File>Display Options>Rulers from the menu
Choose Layers>Rulers and Extras from the menu
10. How do you sharpen the edges within your image but leave the overall image smoothness, where you can set the Amount, Radius, and Threshold for the Sharpening effect?
Filter > Sharpen Edges
Filter > Smart Sharpen
Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen More
Filter > Unsharp Mask
11. (IMAGE ABOVE) Where should you click to change the Blending Mode of a layer?
12. What is the best method for saving an image that will be used in a website?
File > Export > Save for Web, and uncheck Convert to sRGB
File > Export > Save for Web, then check Convert to sRGB.
File > Save As > and choose JPEG from the Format list.
File > Export > Quick Export as PNG
13. (IMAGE ABOVE) You want to expand the canvas downward 300 pixels to create a space for a title. What is the easiest way?
Anchor the Bottom Center anchor, DO NOT Check the RELATIVE box, and enter 300 in the vertical box.
Anchor the Top Center anchor, DO NOT Check the RELATIVE box, and enter 300 in the vertical box.
Anchor the Bottom Center anchor, Check the RELATIVE box, and enter 300 in the vertical box.
Anchor the Top Center anchor, Check the RELATIVE box, and enter 300 in the vertical box.
14. You have an image of the ocean, and the horizon line is slightly askew. What is the easiest way to crop and straighten the image?
Click and hold the Hand tool to reveal the Rotate tool. Click and drag to rotate the image until it looks straight.
Use the Rectangular Marquee selection tool to draw a selection around the image. Go to Select > Transform Selection and rotate the selection. Then invert the selection, delete the surrounding areas, and use the Crop tool to remove any unwanted edges.
Unlock the background layer, then go to Edit > Free Transform. Move your curser outside of the image, click and drag until the image looks straight enough. Then open the Crop tool and remove any unwanted edges that have appeared after rotating the image.
Use the Crop tool, then from the Options bar, choose the Straighten tool. Drag a line across the horizon, and the image will rotate along the line you drew.
15. Which tool allows you to make a selection by drawing a freehand shape?
16. (IMAGE ABOVE) Which of the following tools allows you to sample colors by clicking on a desired color in your image?
17. Which of the following actions is NON-DESTRUCTIVE? CHOOSE TWO.
Everything in the Adjustments panel
Changing the Opacity of a layer
Everything in the Layer > Adjustments menu
Converting to Grayscale
The Clone Stamp tool
THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE QUIZ. There are a total of 20 points possible on this quiz x 5 pts. for each correction answer = 100 points.
Should be Empty: