Before beginning our application, please read and agree to the adoption policies.
1. We do not do same day adoptions.
2. We accept applications from within the following area: South of Harrisburg, PA; North of Baltimore, MD; East of Gettysburg, PA; West of Lancaster, PA.
a. We do not ship our animals.
b. All animals in the applicant's household must be spayed/neutered.
c. Puppies and kittens must be at least six months old to be adopted into a family with children under six years old.
3. No application will be processed until you have met with the animal. All family members must meet.
4. All applications received will be processed with the best interests of the dog or cat in mind, to ensure a successful adoption for your family.
5. After your application has been received, it will be sent to our committee for processing and background check. Your application will then be reviewed with you by the adoption coordinator.
6. It is a requirement of the rescue for all current dogs in the household to meet with the selected dog; if you are applying for a dog at an off-site location during an adoption event, you must be willing to travel to the main rescue in New Freedom, PA with your current dog (if applicable) to meet as well as for the adoption day.
7. There will be a home visit for dog adoptions. There may be a home visit for cat adoptions.
8. Our cats and dogs have not been trained as individual therapy companions and cannot be adopted for this purpose.
9. We do not allow our cats to be declawed and you must sign a "no declaw" addendum to your adoption contract
10. You must be 21 years of age to adopt.
11. Animal Rescue, Inc. reserves the right to refuse an adoption to anyone for any reason. All adoption decisions are confidential and final.
If you have any questions about your application, please call us at 717-993-3232 ext. 224. IMPORTANT: Please check your email (and spam) regularly after submitting this application.