Dog Adoption Requirements:
Prior to filling out our application form, please take note of our practices, policies and requirements for adopting any of our dogs through Doggytime™ Canine Care & Rescue.
- Our adoptable dogs have been vaccinated for rabies as well as core vaccines DHPP (Distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, parvovirus).
Once you've adopted a dog from us, it is up to you to continue vaccines as required but ask you to consider titer testing as an option, so as not to over-vaccinate. Most veterinary practices offer this alternative.
- Our adoptable dogs have been spayed/neutered, with the exception of underage dogs or seniors. With underage dogs, adoption remains under a temporary status until which time the dog has been
spayed/neutered (no younger than 6 months of age and no older than 18 months of age). Once certification is produced which shows that said dog is no longer intact, adoption becomes final. This is to help prevent pet overpopulation.
- Our adoptable dogs receive a species-appropriate diet of Raw meat, bones, organs, green tripe and vegetables.
We urge you to continue feeding a Raw Diet for the duration of the dog's life. Doggytime™ provides one full week of Raw Meals, coupled with our Raw Food Training to all new doggy parents. Should a Raw diet not be feasible for you, we recommend a premium kibble or freeze-dried dog food such as Acana.
- We do not use conventional/chemical flea, tick or heartworm preventatives for our dogs, but instead utilize holistic and natural alternatives. We ask that you continue this regime.
All holistic preventatives will be shared with new doggy parents.
- We pride ourselves on using force-free training techniques while focusing on positive reinforcement for all dogs. We ask you to continue this training method. Doggytime™ can enroll you and your dog in our Pup Parent System, which is our virtual training program to help you during the adjustment period, should you need some extra help.