Below are the rules for submitting artwork to Art House Carcross. Please read them carefully as you will be required to agree to them.
If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact Mary Bradshaw, 867-667-8485 or Mike Thomas at
- Open to Yukon artists as well as artists in Atlin B.C.
- Work must be the original creation of the artist and completed within the past 5 years
- Images should not exceed 3MB in jpg, tiff or png formats.
- Image files should be labelled as:
Do not include special characters such as #,!, * or stray spaces in the file name. Doing so may prevent the file from uploading.
- Images should be clear and in focus. Please remember that this image represents your work.
- Art House Carcross may crop or colour correct your images in order to enhance the overall presentation and/or for formatting purposes for use in the slide show, website image gallery, and marketing materials, and for other areas of the website where your images may appear.
Selection and Exhibition
- Selections will be made by curators from both the Yukon Arts Centre, CTFN and/or invited guest jurors including other artists and art professionals.
- Artwork will be judged based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, interpretation, quality, overall design, demonstration of artistic ability, and usage of your chosen medium.
- All selected artwork will be on display at Art House Carcross during one of the two scheduled exhibitions. The artists’ images will be archived on arthousecarcross.com
The submission of entries/images does not guarantee you will be selected for participation in the exhibition
April 15, 2019.
- Artists need to provide a short Bio and Artist Statement (50 Word Limit). This is your opportunity to tell us a little bit about yourself, including your artistic training, inspiration, media choice, or anything that you might like people to know about you and your art. If you have a website, please include your website URL and/or email address. Please note that any statements/bios that exceed the word limit will be edited.
- Art House Carcross does not engage directly in selling the artwork featured in any of its exhibitions. All purchase inquiries from the art exhibitions are directed to the artist for negotiation with the collector/buyer. Artists, with assistance from the Art House staff, must complete sales and fulfill transportation of the artwork to the buyer.
- We encourage artists to have work available to replace sold work in order to keep the gallery vibrant and exciting. Delivery of new work can be arranged with Art House staff.
- Artists agree to report to Art House Carcross any inquiries and artwork sales that have resulted from Art House Carcross.
- Submissions received after the posted deadline will not be considered.
- Art House Carcross reserves the right to cancel an exhibition, extend deadlines, or change exhibition dates.
- By submitting work to be considered for the exhibition, artists grant Art House Carcross a non-exclusive license to reproduce the images of your artwork on our website, on the gallery’s social media network outlets, to print artist cards and to advertise the exhibition. Usage of the image(s) is limited to any Fusion Art publicity including, but not limited to, press releases, event presentations, articles, slide shows and videos, brochures, posters, and for use on the Art House Carcross website and in the gallery.
- The artist agrees that Art House Carcross can maintain an archive of the chosen artwork as part of a historical site record of past exhibitions. This archive will be available only on the Art House Carcross or Yukon Arts Centre website. Art House Carcross will provide credit for each image with their Artist Name, Title and the Artist Email/Website, if applicable. The artist shall retain all copyrights of any images that are submitted to Art House Carcross.
- Art House Carcross does not claim ownership of the artwork you submit for consideration. All images attached to this website are the property of the respective artist and the artist retains the sole copyright and all other applicable rights to said images.
- Artwork will be hung securely. Art House Carcoss would prefer pieces that are glazed or 3D pieces that could be placed under plinth lids.