In order to be admitted to the VFX Residency, you will need to read carefully and agree to the following terms:
All equipment in the VFX Residency will be handled with care. The applicant is responsible for archiving his/her own project. The Animation Workshop can only help but not be responsible for storage.
All the material produced in connection with the project should clearly feature The Animation Workshop's logo, and state that it has been produced during the VFX Residency at The Animation Workshop.
The credit should always follow the project. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure, that any third party will respect this.
The applicant is responsible for delivering copies of the produced material to The Animation Workshop. These should be of the highest available quality.
In addition, the applicant must deliver:
- A report about the project, detailing all accomplished work and achieved results
- If applicable, artwork to be used for promotion of the VFX Residency
- CVs of all final crew involved (if not sent already)
The above should be delivered in digital form. During his/her stay at The Animation Workshop, the applicant is expected to fill out the Residency Completion form before departure from the VFX Residency.
The applicant is responsible for keeping The Animation Workshop staff informed about the current status of the project while in the Residency, as well as for updating The Animation Workshop staff about the project after having left the VFX Residency.
Upon completion of the project, the applicant is responsible for informing The AnimationWorkshop by submitting the Project Completion form.
The applicant holds all rights to the produced material.
The Animation Workshop holds the non-commercial, self-promotional rights to:
- Produce necessary copies for making status reports to The Animation Workshop's funders
- To use copies or parts of the material for promotion of The Animation Workshop (on any medium)
- If it is a fully produced project, the right to promote The Animation Workshop by including the material on its website and any other medium (any release will be made in accordance with the producer/rights holder and with his/her planned release schedule: i. e. nothing will be realeased on any medium until the producer/rights holder agrees to it in writing)
Basic info from all received applications, whether accepted or not, such as gender, nationality, project type etc. will be included in statistics. Individual records are anonymized or deleted within the legal timeframe for dealing with such records, in accordance with EU law.