The tuition for Assist to Succeed of Sioux Falls is $4995.00* and includes all of the following:
• All training and visual aids, materials and dental supplies used throughout the course
• Syllabus: "Concepts in Dental Assisting", Richard Erickson, DDS, 3rd Ed(2005); DCI Publishing (yours to keep)
• ATS Workbook (yours to keep), Homework access to Textbook: "Modern Dental Assisting", Torres & Ehrlich: 8th Ed(2005); Elsevier Publishing
• CPR certification taught within the class time by a certified American Red Cross Instructor
• 16 hour SD Board of Dentistry approved Radiology component - students must also pass the exam given during this portion of the course and this allows them to apply to become certified to take x-rays in the state of SD.
• Clinical attire - each student is given a Uniform Voucher good for two full sets of scrubs. (2 tops and 2 pants). Voucher is brought to Trademark Uniforms in Sioux Falls for redemption.
• Lab and Material fees - students are taught to make impressions and pour up models during this course. All of the fees for lab materials are provided for this portion of the course.
• Use of all dental equipment, mannequins, and instrumentation with actual "hands on" training during the course of study.
• Training in all aspects of General Dental assisting, including dental specialties. Extra clinical rotation opportunities will be provided in area dental offices outside of regular class time. Completing a rotation is NOT a requirement of course completion, but is a great way to further your experiences and make connections with offices in the community.
• All training is done by licensed dental professionals in an actual practicing dental office, not just in a classroom. Course follows all regulations set by the Board of Dentistry in South Dakota for training entry-level dental assistants.
Student Responsibilities include (see Student Policy Handbook for additional details):
• Students are required to bring their own writing utensils and note paper. They are required to bring their ATS workbook to each class time. No personal cell phone use is allowed during class time. Students must follow uniform policies at each class.
• Students are required to attend all 10 weeks of class totaling 80 classroom/hands on hours. See Student Handbook for additional attendance policies.
• Students must pass all exams and in class requirements with 85% or higher grade to receive their Certificate of Completion.
• Students should expect to put in at least 6 hours a week for reading course material and studying on their own each week.
• By the first class, student must provide proof of TB and beginning of the Hepatitis B vaccinations being started or completed. (Unless arranged otherwise by the course director)