3. Description of Donation:
a. The Nonprofit Commons Member will have access to a pre-fabricated virtual office space in the Nonprofit Commons Community in Second Life.
b. This virtual office may be used by the Nonprofit Commons Member as an office, with access to public meeting space when not in use by Nonprofit Commons community events or scheduled by other Nonprofit Commons members, and with limited assistance from the Nonprofit Commons Community Management Team. Common areas must be scheduled ahead of time with a minimum of 14 days advance preparation and are available on a first come first served basis.
c. The Nonprofit Commons Community Management Team is responsible for maintaining common areas in a clean and orderly fashion. The Nonprofit Commons Member should report damages and griefers (anyone who is causing trouble) to AvaCon, Inc. or the Nonprofit Commons Community Management Team. Nonprofit Commons Members should not litter the public space with prims (this is a bandwidth issue, as well as unsightly for the aesthetic of the Nonprofit Commons community).
d. Nonprofit Commons Members are limited to 300 prims per office space.
e. Member must demonstrate the use of their virtual office or interactive poster, as well as, active ongoing participation in the Nonprofit Commons community.
1. Use of the virtual office is defined as the presentation of nonprofit mission and regular in-world presence in the space. Each virtual office should have open office hours with a Nonprofit Commons Member organization representative present at a minimum of 1 hour per week. Use of the interactive poster is defined as a branded visual presentation in-world that includes notecards, website links, and virtual goods. Each interactive poster should contain current information about the Nonprofit Commons Member.
2. Active ongoing participation in the community is defined as a minimum of 10 hours of volunteer activities per month, including, but not limited to attendance at Nonprofit Commons weekly meetings, virtual office hours, presence at Nonprofit Commons events, participating in the Nonprofit Commons blog, or other volunteer activities as defined by Nonprofit Commons Management Team.
Examples of hours of volunteer hours include: Weekly meetings, Special Social Events, Office Hours, Professional Development Workshops, Nonprofit Commons Mentorship, Website Contribution, Social Media Marketing outreach, and other community events and engagements.
3. Nonprofit Commons Members are required to provide the Nonprofit Commons Management Team with their organization branding images, including a logo, mission, and any important information for the creation of virtual posters, social media outreach, website, and wiki pages.
4. Nonprofit Commons Members are responsible for contributing to community events that require marketing information and an organization representative present.
5. Nonprofit Commons Members should be willing to share their experience while peer learning with others in the community, both at Nonprofit Commons events, meetings, and through publicity (e.g. blog, be interviewed for news articles, etc.)
6. Nonprofit Commons Members must be willing to be profiled and featured on the Nonprofit Commons Impact stories, website, and added to our Nonprofit Commons and AvaCon, Inc. network.
7. Members must join the various communication delivery methods to receive community notices and technical support including the Nonprofit Commons email list, in-world Second Life Groups, and social media groups. An estate manager will invite you to join the Nonprofit Commons Second Life Group. Members must join the Nonprofit Commons Google Group or email list to receive updates, and fill out a Nonprofit Commons Community Profile Form. The Nonprofit Commons Management Team can assist you, if necessary.
8. Failure to demonstrate active use of the virtual office with office hours or interactive poster, forfeits Member’s in-world presence. Virtual space is limited and desired, your hours on the Nonprofit Commons sims are tabulated and monitored. You will receive a warning after 60 days of failure of active use and removal from your virtual space after 90 days of inactivity.
f. Member must keep the Nonprofit Commons Management Team informed of any large event plans at least 14 days in advance.
g. Nonprofit Commons Management Team will do their best to provide maintenance and overall professional atmosphere on the premises of the Nonprofit Commons. The Member agrees to use the premises in a quiet, peaceful, lawful, and residential manner. See list of acceptable behavior below:
1. No weapons, fireworks or nudity are permitted in the Nonprofit Commons.
2. The Organization must not discriminate against other in-world organizations regardless of political, economic, or cultural differences.
3. Organizations must commit to being a “good neighbor” by keeping your virtual office in good shape and by assisting nearby members requiring assistance, as appropriate.
4. The AvaCon, Inc. space is a “PG” rated space, which means you must dress and conduct yourself in a manner appropriate for a general audience.
h. Members will not use bandwidth demanding scripts in their office that interfere with others ability to use Nonprofit Commons in a lag-free, efficient manner. The Nonprofit Commons Management Team reserve the right to disable or return any object that is interfering with normal operations of the sim, at their discretion. Members with questions about scripts should email or send a notecard to a Nonprofit Commons Management Team before implementing the script into their space.