Dear Potential Participants,
TanenbaumCHAT is pleased to announce our International Israel Becker Memorial Basketball Tournament. The Tournament is our commitment to the Jewish Community in North America, and is a tribute to the memory of Israel Becker. Israel was a CHAT graduate who played CHAT Varsity basketball and inspired many years of CHAT Alumni and Basketball tournaments.
The tournament will be held from Sunday, November 10th through Wednesday, November 13th, 2019. We are very excited for the return of a competitive tournament to our school and look forward to welcoming schools from across the continent to play, build community and enjoy our time together.
The tournament will be for Varsity boys and Varsity girls. All teams are guaranteed a minimum of 5 games.
Orientation will begin at TanenbaumCHAT Sunday, November 10th at 2:00 PM and the closing ceremonies will end on Wednesday, November 13th no later than 2:00 pm.
To confirm your desire to participate, please complete this online registration form below and submit payment through PayPal or send cheque for $518 CAD funds per team entered in the tournament. Cheques should be made payable to TanenbaumCHAT.
Registration will be capped at 6 Girls and 6 Boys teams. Registration is on a first come first served basis and priority will be given to schools who will be sending a boys and a girls team.
1. The cost per participant (athlete, coaches, and advisors etc.) is $250 CAD funds. Our tournament includes all meals, trophies, and swag.
2. Your staff is responsible for the behaviour and participation of team members throughout the tournament.
3. Host families within the community will provide housing for students and participants. Should staff prefer a hotel, we will provide hotel recommendations nearby.
4. The schedule will include a tournament orientation upon arrival.
5. It is the responsibility of each Coach to bring copies of athletes’ medical release forms in case of emergency and to have this information with them at all times.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our tournament organizers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aubrey Zimmerman, Adam Chaim and Zoe Shuman
Becker Tournament Organizing Committee
Please complete the form below and submit payment for $518 CAD funds per team. This is only a team registration fee. Per player fees of $250 CAD funds will be collected October 1, 2019.
Cheques can be mailed to:
TanenbaumCHAT Attn. Zoe Shuman
200 Wilmington Ave.