City facilities are under extreme pressure so hosting the art project in a City Facility is not guaranteed. The City encourages and desires to have arts projects hosted in the non City-owned spaces as long as the events are open to all.
The City is working on a database of non-traditional venues that could potentially host performances. If you know of a venue in West Hollywood that is interested in being a One City One Pride host venue, please have them fill out an interest form (http://bit.ly/altartspace). The venue would still need to adhere to and regulations on use of space). Some non-traditional spaces could include bars/clubs in West Hollywood.
The City has compiled a list of basic rates and amenities for West Hollywood Theatres, though artists should always double check with the facility to verify information and pricing (http://www.weho.org/home/showdocument?id=18036). Theatres in West Hollywood include the following. We are strongly encouraging theatre performances to participate in One City One Pride, also as part of the Hollywood Fringe.
City facilities include the following. It is advisable to discuss with City Staff which spaces might be available prior to indicating that they would be the host location for the event.
· Fiesta Hall, Plummer Park: Seats 150-200, Large Indoor Stage, Dressing Rooms, Kitchen, Courtyard, Stage Lighting (not movable, artist must hire lighting tech at $75/hr), users responsible for set-up and break down. Ample Parking on-site. Projector and projection screen but must hire tech https://apm.activecommunities.com/weho/Facility_Search?facility_id=26
· Plummer Park Community Center, Rooms 1+2: Can fit up to 80 people, no stage, no dressing rooms, users responsible for set-up and break down, ample onsite parking. Wooden floor (could accommodate dance) https://apm.activecommunities.com/weho/Facility_Search?facility_id=77
· West Hollywood Park Auditorium: Fits up to 300 but only contains about 100 seats, Large Indoor Stage, No Dressing Room, Very Basic Stage Lighting (Group may be able to use bars for additional lighting), ample parking on site. users responsible for set-up and break down. https://apm.activecommunities.com/weho/Facility_Search?facility_id=37
· West Hollywood City Council Chambers: Seat 139, no stage, must hire sound tech at $450 for a 4 hour period, $150/each addt'l hr. if using in house sound system, very limited lighting options (lights cannot be moved). Projection screen 9x16 ft. Bluray player. No surround sound. www.weho.org/libraryrooms (Please note for the June 27 Day of Art the City will cover the tech costs).
· West Hollywood Library Community Mtg Room: No Stage, fits up to 80 people, no stage lighting. No dressing room. Ample onsite parking. Projection screen. https://apm.activecommunities.com/weho/Facility_Search?facility_id=94
· Kings Road Park: Small indoor facility could be appropriate for readings or small performances. No stage. Kitchen area. No dressing room. https://apm.activecommunities.com/weho/Facility_Search?facility_id=76
· Outdoor spaces: Using outdoor spaces in the parks or other City owned property requires sometimes significant coordination with the City. It is recommended that you have a preliminary discussion with City Staff prior to submitting an application that involves using the outdoor spaces and have prior experience staging outdoor public events.