Stepping Stones is a program of Youth Unlimited (TYFC) in its second season, located in Brampton-Caledon ON but servicing properties in the surrounding areas. We desire to equip youth for success, see them build a sustainable livelihood and create a network of support and resources. To do so, we hire youth ages 16-25 with employment barriers, training them not only in the landscaping trade but also helping them to gain general employability and life skills. Through caring, mentoring relationships, youth will be encouraged to discover their gifts, intrinsic value, and purpose. By the end of a season or two with us, we help our “graduates” find permanent, meaningful jobs earning living wages through partnering employers.
- Provide training, mentoring, support and leadership to the landscape trainees, under the guidance of the Supervisor.
- Assist managing work procedures and schedules for two to four people.
- Provide great customer service to our clients and find ways to improve our service.
- Drive a truck and trailer, ensuring policies and procedures are followed for safety and regular maintenance
- Assist in teaching the landscape trainees landscape maintenance and landscape construction techniques
- Where possible, perform minor repairs to equipment and tools.
Promote YU landscaping’s core values
- A vibrant Christian faith and a desire to see young people reach their full life potential.
- One to three years' experience in full-season landscape maintenance / construction.
- Experience fixing/repairing power equipment.
- Class G Driver’s License with a clean record.
- Level 1 First Aid – not mandatory but preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Honest, trustworthy and positive attitude.
- Able to withstand various working weather conditions.
- Able for physical, manual work.
- The salary of this full-time staff position is determined on a scale based on education and experience and is funded in part on a missionary basis—requiring the gathering of a personal support team.
The Shop is based in Caledon, ON; servicing properties all over the Peel Region.
Please submit both a resume and cover letter.
Your cover letter should include a description of: (1) How you would integrate your faith with this role, (2) Your perspective on ministry through social enterprise, and (3) Your past ministry and trades
experience. (Each of these responses should be approximately 150 words in length.)
If you have any further questions, please email or call (905) 836-1433. Please note that only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!