day 1: saturday
day 2: sunday
day 3: monday
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
where is it located?
• this A-GAP weekend experience will be at hike inn in dawsonville, ga an hour north of atlanta on the southern end of the appalachian trail. we will be staying in a lodge with 11 bedrooms that each have two bunk beds.
→let us know if there is someone in particular you would like to room with.
what is the cost?
• this particular experience will be $100 per person to help cover the cost of food, housing, activities, sessions & SWAG items. A- GAP is a non-profit organization founded & supported by Natalie's Orchid Island Juice Company.
when must i check-in?
• all guests much check-in at the visitor center at amicalola falls state park by 12:30pm. the check-in time is strictly enforced.
• late arrivals will not be permitted to hike to the hike inn. the check-in time is enforced for the safety of hike inn guests. it's calculated to allow sufficient time for guests to enjoy the hike & arrive in time for the daily facility tour at 5pm.
if you arrive late & are not able to enter the park, you will not be refunded your A-GAP sign-up fee.
for more info about hike inn, please visit their website
where do i check in to begin my hike to Hike Inn?
• all guests must check-in at the visitor center which is in amicalola falls state park, just inside the park entrace. when you check-in, you will be directed where to park your car near the trailhead at the top of amicalola falls.
who is this A-GAP experience for?
• this event is specifically designed for young adults (18-30’s). if you would like to partner with A-GAP & create a weekend designed specifically for your group please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we would love to work with you!
what are the sessions?
• our sessions facilitate discussion of how technology has impacted our relationship with God, others & ourselves. we will share why we need healthy technology habits & how to implement them in order to live with clarity, unity & simplicity.
who is speaking?
• our executive director, bethany baker, will give practical ways to implement healthy technology habits in order to be more intentional with our lives & relationships. we will also have a guest speaker addressing how the sabbath leads to lasting rest & renewal.
what is engaging in community?
• sharing in fellowship with peers, fostering authentic & intimate relationships free from the constant distractions that technology brings.
what is exploring creation?
• getting out in nature, enjoying the breeze on our face, the water splashing our skin & the grass beneath our feet.
what is enhancing creativity?
• we will have different elements encouraging you to expand your creative outlets. it might include calligraphy, water coloring & rock stacking.
what is executing change?
• identifying your “why” behind implementing healthy technology habits in order to improve your relationships. this will expand your potential for living with clarity, unity & simplicity.
what is the faith gathering?
• the faith gathering is an optional Christ-focused opportunity for participants to dive deeper into what it means to still our hearts to hear the Whisper of the GOD of the Bible in a culture driven by noise & distraction.
for more questions please visit our FAQ page on our website.
items to bring:
please check the weather forecast, to assure you have comfortable clothes fit for the weather.
items to leave at home:
we are excited to see you soon at our next A-GAP weekend journey!
click 'preview submission' to submit completed form
please save a copy of this form for your records