This award will honour and recognise a SMJFL player or umpire who demonstrates exceptional leadership qualities.
Monash University, as the league’s Major Sponsor and Official Tertiary Education Partner, wishes to highlight the efforts of young leaders. This award aims to reward and nurture those who stand out from the crowd with their enthusiasm, innovative thinking, determination and effort in giving back to the junior football community.
The SMJFL & Monash University Leadership Award aims to help participants or umpires develop leadership skills such as organisation, communication and teamwork, as well as helping to build confidence and self-esteem as they take on responsibility of leading their peers and people within the SMJFL community.
A person nominated for this award must have demonstrated leadership qualities and characteristics.
Examples of leadership qualities include but are not limited to;
- Behaving like a leader to peers on the field during a certain match or incident
- Leadership at the club level through ongoing involvement, either on or off the field
- Showing initiative for programs to encourage participation and sense of community
- Championing a cause to raise awareness or funds of a particular event or issue
This online nomination form must be completed by the player’s club or umpire’s supervisor and submitted to the SMJFL. The judging panel for the award will be the SMJFL Executive in partnership with a Monash University staff panel.
Eligibility of nominee:
Award is open to any registered SMJFL player or umpire who:
- Is aged 18 years or under at 1 January of the year of the award
- Has participated in the league in the year of the award