Membership Terms and Benefits 2019
1. Membership cost is $125 per family per dock season (May 1st-October 31st) and is available to anyone 18 years of age or older.
2. Payment is expected at the time of application. Applications can be submitted in person at Harvard's K-9 Center (HK9C) or mail application and check to Harvard's K-9 Center (address above). Please sign application and make checks payable to Harvard's K-9 Center.
3. Primary or secondary adult family member must be present with dog/dogs at all times. Membership includes:
- $5 off per splash and games for UAD club events only, this does not include UAD Regional events held at HK9C.
- Free embroidered Club T-shirt for 1 member upon initial sign up. (Additional T-shirts may be purchased at $25)
- One hour pool rental per month for $10/hour during dock season ($10 savings)
- UAD Club Members only open dock sessions (fees apply)
- Members will get priority on group class time slots and fill-in time slots (at the beginning of each season, we will get the members in time slots before we take non-members. If you are a member and are unable to do the 6-week sessions but can come occasionally, you will be called first to fill in any openings for a particular week).
- Free end of the year pot-luck lunch and fun splash day.
4. Three club events and one regional qualifier will be held each season. Participants will be eligible for UAD, UKC, & ASCA titles. (See each organization for qualifying details)
5. Awards for club events will include 1st-3rd splash placement ribbons for each division, medals for the games, and rosettes for all 5 competitors in the final divisions.
6. Club members are expected to follow all dock rules posted by HK9C and UAD. Violation of rules will lead to warning and possible termination of membership.
7. Once on the dock, prong, shock and choke collars need to be removed. Flat collars, harnesses and flotation devices are allowed.
8. Fetch-It rig can only be used with instructor present. It cannot be used during dock rental without instructor.
9. Members are responsible for their dogs behavior. If your dog is reactive, it is your responsibility for letting others know and keeping your dog at a safe distance from other dogs. Crates will be provided on the dock or you can bring your own. If your dog is excessively noisy and disturbing other dogs that are jumping, please move away from the dock until it is your turn. If there is an incident with your dog or people feel uncomfortable because you are not controlling your dog properly, you may be banned from HK9C. So please pay attention to your dog at all times.
10. Members are encouraged to volunteer for various tasks during club events.
11. New members, unknown to HK9C, must be cleared by instructor before renting the dock. This can be done by group, private or open dock sessions at members cost.
12. All members are expected to sign a HK9C Liability Waiver prior to using the dock.
Click to edit this text...