Category: George Burwash Langford Memorial (Members)
This award is so named to honour and perpetuate the name of George Burwash Langford, the founding chairman of the Certification Board for Engineering Technicians and Technologists. This Award recognises the spirit of Dr. Langford’s mission and his leadership in making a place for technologists and technicians in the engineering spectrum.
The award is to be granted to a member who has distinguished himself or herself in their career, and thereby brought recognition and credit to the profession of engineering/applied science technology.
It recognises excellence in professional life, be it purely technical or in non-technical careers such as management, teaching, administration or other related work. It is not for work on Association-related bodies, boards or committees.
Some assessment considerations for which the award could be given might include:
• Specific work accomplishments.
• Length of service with an employer as well as in the profession.
• Multiple professional-entrepreneurial successes.
• Career path improvements - public profile.
• Published papers, articles, etc.
• Corporate recognition, level of responsibility, etc.
• Peer recognition.
• Contributions to technical societies, standard organisations.