The Carlisle High School Music Hall of Fame recognizes and honors outstanding achievements of musicians and others who have made significant contributions to the music program and have promoted the growth of the athletics at Carlisle High School, as well as, Hartford High School, which closed in 1962, and became a part of Carlisle High School. The Hall of Fame Committee shall include the following members:
1. Activities Director- Chairman
2. Performing Arts Booster Club Member
3. One high school director
4. One school representative
5. One alumni representative
6. One community representative
The existing hall of fame committee will accept applications and make decisions regarding new members to fill vacant committee positions.
Must be a graduate of Carlisle/Hartford HS (at least five years removed) Individual Musician Criteria (meet at least one criterion)
-Outstanding Center from solo/ensemble contest
-Awards from High School Musical theatre Award
• Triple Threat Contestant
• Outstanding award winner (individual or group)
-NATS- place at a competition
-Leadership roles in music in College
Group Criteria (must meet at least one criterion) (Jazz Band)
• State champion
• State runner up
The selection committee may override the above criteria if they feel the accomplishments/contributions are so outstanding as to deserve recognition. Nomination Categories:
1. Musician- any person who meets criteria, and has distinguished himself/herself in the field of music, during his/her tenure as a student at Carlisle High School. Moral character, good citizenship, and academic performance during high school and post-high school will be a consideration. Nominees for the Carlisle High School Hall of Fame will have graduated five or more years ago.
2. Group- Any state championship group that meets criteria will be automatically inducted into the Carlisle High School Hall of Fame five years after the championship is won.
3. Contributors- Any individual who has made outstanding contributions to the music programs at Carlisle High School other than teaching or performing may be considered.
All nominations are open to the public and are ongoing. Nomination forms are available by clicking the link at the top of this page as well as at the activities office at Carlisle High School. Once a nomination is made, that person is forever nominated. For consideration to any given induction class, nominations must be made prior to the first meeting date of the Carlisle High School Hall of Fame Committee. Nominations received after the initial meeting date for a given year will not be considered until the following year.
Each year the hall of fame committee meets to review the past nomination and considers any new nominations made since the last induction class. After open discussions about candidates, a vote will be conducted for the purpose of choosing inductees. Each committee member shall rank candidates in order of desired induction preference, with the top candidate receiving the lower number of points. The voting of the committee will be confidential.
Inductees will be announced at a predetermined time following the final selection process and after the individuals have been contacted and indicate they will be present or represented at the induction ceremony.
The hall of fame induction ceremony shall be held each year at a home basketball game as determined by the committee.