Category: Outstanding Technical Achievement (Members, Non-Members, Groups)
The award is granted to an individual (member or non-member), business firm, crown corporation, government agency, association, research and development agency, educational institution, or individual entrepreneur to recognise outstanding technical achievement in engineering/applied science technology.
The basis for granting the award could be a single exceptional accomplishment, or a long record of continuing excellence. It must be worthy of the designation ‘outstanding’ in its contribution to technology in Canada.
Technological activities for which this award could be given might include:
• Development and implementation of a new product, process or technique.
• Design and/or construction of significant or unique structures.
• An innovative technical solution to environmental, social or community problems.
• Research leading to applications of new knowledge.
• Exceptional encouragement of individual technical enterprise.