Adding a wishboard to your next event is quite simple. Here are the steps ...
1) Select a specific project or program for which to fundraise (this works far better than unrestricted operating support as it's something your organization is "wishing for" but does not currently have the funds to purchase);
2) Have a wishboard designed (we can help with this, click the link at the bottom of the page);
3) Decide how the board will be displayed/featured;
4) Assign staff or volunteers to the wishboard at the event and make sure they are trained on what to say ("Would you like to sponsor a few spots on our wishboard? It's funding ________.");
5) Make the purchase process as seamless as possible (Are you using names or bidder numbers? Can they pay instantly via credit card?);
6) Capture contact information so you can follow up after the event to say thank you and keep in touch with them.