Are you passionate about seeing youth experience wholeness and transformation? Our Project Serve program, a specialized initiative of Youth Unlimited (TYFC), is hiring a Toronto Program Lead.
About Project Serve
Project Serve organizes and facilitates local service projects that educate and equip young people to love and serve God and others. Through pre-trip workshops and practical volunteer opportunities, we hope that young people will see first-hand how God is working, and be transformed and inspired to be catalysts for change that reflect God’s heart and Jesus’ life in their communities and beyond.
We strive to have students see that all people deserve to be treated with dignity, and challenge our young people to see beyond themselves as they get to know and serve those experiencing poverty & homelessness in Toronto.
To learn more visit www.projectservetoronto.ca and www.yugta.ca
- Recruiting teams and networking with pastors and potential groups
- Planning and facilitating local service trips for youth
- Updating and facilitating pre-trip training workshops and post trip debrief workshops
- Managing budgets and funds for trips
- Supervising Summer staff and Interns serving in Toronto
- Cultivating relationships with organizations that we serve in Toronto
- Reporting to the Project Serve Coordinator and participating as a member of the Project Serve Team.
- A deep commitment to a holistic approach to missional living and proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ and God’s Kingdom
- A compassionate heart for the people of the city of Toronto
- A desire to educate young people about poverty and injustice
- Strong group facilitation skills focused primarily on youth and young adults
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public relation skills
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- The flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed for service trips
- A background in education or experience working with marginalized communities an asset
This is a part-time position (20-22 hours/week). The salary of this staff position is determined on a scale based on education and experience and is 100% funded on a missionary basis – requiring the successful applicant to fundraise and gather a personal support team.
Please submit a resumé and cover letter. Your cover letter should include a description of: (1) How you would integrate your faith with this role, and (2) A specific example of a missions/service project that you have led/been involved with. Each of these responses should be approximately 150 words in length.
Should you have any further questions, please contact Elim at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-383-1477. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. All applications and any information collected will be kept in confidence. Thank you!