Sea Mar Community Health Centers seeks emerging and established Latino/a artists to submit work and qualifications to exhibit at the 2019 Seattle Fiestas Patrias celebration occurring Saturday, September 14 and Sunday, September 15 at Seattle Center in Seattle, WA.
Several Latin American countries observe their independence during the month of September and Sea Mar's Seattle Fiestas Patrias celebration reminds us that the spirit of freedom is indomitable and helps maintain a bond between Latinos in the Northwest and their home countries throughout the Americas.
Eligibility and Entries:
This is an opportunity for all emerging Latino/a artists to exhibit their work at a family festival with attendance numbers exceeding 20,000 people. Our objective is to create a forum and space for all artists of Latino culture.
Acceptable art forms include, but are not limited to, drawing, painting, photography, mixed media, prints, fiber, stone, glass, and ceramics. Special hardware requirements for mounting and displaying must be provided by the artist. Artwork must be ready for installation and display. Artists will be required to sign a release of liability to exhibit.
Submissions should be digital files in appropriate formats, preferably Word (12pt font) and JPEG (high quality), consisting of:
- Please share a short summary (200-250 words) sharing a brief biography and inspirations & themes of submitted artwork.
Images/files of Artwork
- Please submit images/files of artwork for selection (for images, please limit 1-4 photos per piece). Please name each file as the title of artwork.
- Please provide a list of the following information for each piece of artwork. This information is intended to be displayed alongside the artwork in the gallery:
Title of artwork
Monetary value (if for sale)
Art Exhibit Liability Release
- Please read and initial in the fill-in box below.
We will make a good faith effort to involve the artist in edits of text, however we reserve the right to edit all text content and descriptions displayed or publicized.
If you have any questions or encounter technical difficulties contact ¡VIVA! Co-Coordinators Nina Croes and Stephanie Velasco at VivaArt@seamarchc.org.
- Deadline for submitting application is to August 12, 2019 by 11:59 p.m.
- Artists selected for the exhibition will be notified by August 30, 2019.
- Artists should be responsible for bringing the art piece/s to Sea Mar Community Health Centers at 1040 S. Henderson St. Seattle, WA 98109 between the dates of September 9–September 12, 2019. Note: In order to safeguard your artwork, it is important that it is transported safely to Seattle Center. If possible, please make sure your artwork is secure and protected, ready for transportation.
- Artists are responsible for picking up art from exhibition at the Armory Gallery in Seattle Center, September 15, 2019 between 5:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.