General and Specific Release for Volunteer Service
Please read the following release.
1. I am here on my own volition. No one is demanding that I participate in any activity at Animal Rescue, Inc. (“Sanctuary”). My role at the Sanctuary is as a member of a support group and I will look to a staff member for direction when I have completed my task.
2. I will be participating in varied activities that will include constant or intermittent interaction with animals. I will be participating in a variety of support activities that could also include maintenance and/or repair of facilities within the Sanctuary.
3. I will disclose any physical or psychological limitations to the staff before participating in any activity. Since I will be interacting with animals, both healthy and sick, big and small, and may also be lifting, carrying, moving or otherwise engaging in physical behavior, I will be respectful of my limitations and inform the staff immediately of those limitations.
4. I will not be compensated for my efforts nor am I an agent or contractor of the Sanctuary. Animal Rescue, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized under the laws of the States of Maryland and Pennsylvania. As such it is grateful for the assistance provided by volunteers like me who are willing to perform varied tasks for no compensation. I will refer all persons seeking to conduct any business at the Sanctuary to a staff member.
5. I will be legally and financially responsible for my own acts and omissions relating to the service I am voluntarily providing to the Sanctuary.
6. I agree to allow pictures of myself (or my child, if under 18) to be used, without compensation, for the purpose of promotion and publicity related to Animal Rescue, Inc.
7. In exchange for the privilege of participating in the activities at the Sanctuary, I agree that neither myself not my family, nor any legal guardian, heir or assignee will sue or make claim or attach the property or the Sanctuary for any injury or damage resulting from any act or omission whether the injury or the damage occurs by act of negligence or any other act by human, by physical condition or by animal. I understand that I am releasing the Sanctuary from all claims, demands, or actions that I, my family, my heirs or any legal guardian, assignee or legal representative may have now or may have in the future for any injury or damage resulting from my participation in the activities at the Sanctuary.
8. I am fully aware that I am assuming any and all risks associated with the activities at the Sanctuary. I am fully aware there are many risks and dangers involved in participation in the activities at the Sanctuary and I agree to accept the consequences of such risks including but not limited to risk of injury, death and damage to personal property. If I do not fully understand the risks I will consult with a staff member immediately.
9. Any controversy or claim relating to this Release Agreement will be settled in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Judgment on the award as rendered by the Arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the award.
10. This release agreement will be governed by and interpreted by the laws of the States of Maryland and Pennsylvania.
11. I have read the Release Agreement and fully understand that I will relinquish all claims or actions known now or in the future against Animal Rescue, Inc. I am of legal age and legally competent to sign this agreement. I am signing this document of my own free will and void of any influence of an Animal Rescue, Inc. staff member.