Department: Environmental Services
Reports To: Environmental Services Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Date Updated: 8/2016
The Environmental Services Aide performs scheduled housekeeping duties under the on-site supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor, with the purpose of maintaining the facility, furniture, and equipment in clean and serviceable condition.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Performs general cleaning tasks such as dusting, sweeping, window washing, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning upholstery, cleaning light fixtures, and cleaning bathroom fixtures.
Performs floor care such as dust-mopping, wet-mopping, spot-mopping, stripping, sealing, waxing, and buffing.
Empties trash containers, replaces liners as appropriate and disposes of trash in proper receptacles, observing infectious and biohazard waste disposal procedures as appropriate.
Fills soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers. Dispenses tissue and other supplies to resident rooms and general use areas.
Practices infection control, universal precautions, and other preventive and protective safety procedures as instructed.
Uses equipment according to instructions and while observing proper precautions; reports any equipment malfunctions to the supervisor immediately.
Uses chemicals and supplies according to instructions and with proper protective equipment; reports any problems with chemicals and supplies to the supervisor immediately.
Reports repair needs to supervisor or maintenance department as appropriate.
Actively participates in QAPI program, taking a proactive approach to quality care and services on a continuous basis with engagement of residents, family members and staff.
Actively participates in QAPI (Quality Assurance Process Improvement) program, taking a proactive approach to quality care and services on a continuous basis with engagement of residents, family members and staff.
Demonstrates high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs. Communicates effectively, establishes rapport and maintains relationships with residents.
· Meets requirement of regular attendance to perform job duties.
· Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents.
· Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
· Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalency (preferred).
· CPR Certification (preferred).
Continuing Educational Requirement
· Required to complete annual 12-hour in-service training programs (as well as supplemental online education). Failure to complete the 12-hour in-service training program, or any other requirement under internal policies, local, state, or federal law may result in termination.
Physical Activity Requirements
· Lifting – lift objects between 15 and 50 lbs. during cleaning. Push/pull requirements of 40 lbs.
· Other physical requirements – twisting, bending, squatting, kneeling and crouching in connection with performing daily duties at the facility.
Regulatory Compliance Requirements
· Report any arrest, charge, or conviction of a crime other than a traffic violation, and receipt of notice of any agency investigation or charge, including investigations relating to licensure, certification status, or dependent adult or child abuse within 24 hours of such charge, arrest, investigation, or other similar issue. Once notice of such issues have been received the employee may not perform any work functions or duties until clearance for return to work is granted by the Iowa Department of Human Services. Failure to report may result in termination.
· Understand resident rights and comply with these requirements at all times.
· Report reasonable beliefs a dependent adult has suffered dependent adult abuse by another employee, resident, family member, or visitor to the Administrator or DON (if Administrator is not on duty) upon incident.
· Report any information that may impact patient/resident care, including, but not limited to, violations of resident rights and HIPAA violations to his/her supervisor upon identification.