FORM # MKP20
A REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $500.00 IS REQUIRED FOR CLEAN UP OR DAMAGES IF OCCURRED.
1. The application for vending space shall not become a binding contract between the Vendor and the Festival Management Committee (FMC) until signing of the application form.
2. Sales of all Vending Sales/Permit are final and therefore non-refundable. A REFUNDABLE DAMAGE/CLEAN-UP DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED AT TIME OF REGISTRATION. ($500 for Parade, $300 for all other events.)
BOOTH OPERATION & CONDUCT
3. Vendors must have clean containers and utensils for both preparation and serving of food.
4. Hot dog carts must remain stationary. Hot dog vendors are allowed one cart.
5. Vendors who purchase Water/Beverage spot are NOT PERMITTED to sell any food/perishable goods.
6. The sale of Alcohol is strictly prohibited. Any Vendor found selling alcohol will be subjected to Police action, up to and including eviction.
7. All beverages must be sold in cans or box cartons. No glass containers or plastic are allowed on the grounds.
8. Vendors are NOT AUTHOURIZED to sell any merchandise PROMOTING any FMC Events.
9. All barbecues should be operated at the back of tent. (At least 3 ft. away from TENT.) Vendors MUST have a working fire extinguisher.
10. Vendors are not allowed to switch or remove numbers or staking signs as this will result in removal from the Marketplace. ALL SIGNS MUST BE TIED OR STUCK TO THE TENT
11. Vendors are prohibited from providing their own music or sound system, unless permission is sought.
12. Police will assist FMC personnel to conduct spot checks for illegal items.
13. The FMC Marketplace Committee reserves the right to conduct such searches to ensure the safety of patrons. Any vendors not wishing to be searched should withdraw from participation in the Marketplace.
14. All vendors choosing spots inside beer tents please note that children/ persons under the age of 18 are not allowed in these booth/areas.
15. Use of Styrofoam/plastic is strictly prohibited. Please see page 5 for more information on our new Go Green Program.
SET-UP & BREAKDOWN
16. Parade Time: 10:00 am – 8:00 p.m. Vendor set-up from 2:00 am – 7.30 am. THERE WILL BE NO ENTRY TO THE MARKETPLACE AFTER 7.30 AM.
17. Vendors please enter through Colborne and Lakeshore Blvd Gates.
18. All vendors must have FALSE FLOORING (e.g. ply, rubber puzzle pieces) to cover the ground area of the tent. Failure to do so will result with your booth being shut down by the public health inspectors and charge a fee. Please note: ALL CARDBOARDS AND FLOORING MUST BE REMOVED WHEN LEAVING.
19. All vendors are responsible for keeping their booth and surrounding area tidy and free of litter. Vendors must provide containers to collect garbage generated from sales and ensure that their area is restored to its original state (free of garbage). Garbage bags may be left tied up on site for pick-up. Vendor damage/clean-up deposit will be reimbursed upon inspection of their booth and surrounding area at the end of the festival.
20. Any vendors who cause damage to Tents or FMC Property will be held liable and a fine will be imposed.
21. No vendor is allowed to remove any of the FMC tents. If caught, a fine will be imposed and vendor will be banned from the festival.
22. Vendors are allowed to park directly behind their tents. This applies to 10x10 & 20x20 tents only. 1 vehicle for 10X10, 2 for 20X20.
23. Vendors are NOT ALLOWED to photocopy permits or truck passes.
24. The FMC will provide each vendor with a parking permit to be placed inside the left-hand side of the windshield. Vehicles without this sticker will be denied entry.
25. Permits must be produced at point of entry. Vendors without permits will be denied entry. Vendors’ entry will be strictly controlled by Security and Police. Vendors will be directed to their designated allocated areas.
26. Vendor’s permits must remain on site at all times (permit check). Vendors without permits and/or are unable to produce them when requested, will be removed from the vending area.
27. Vendors who are using a prep-kitchen outside of the GTA, will be required to provide an Inspection Report of the prep-kitchen being used. (Vendors can get a copy of this Inspection Report directly from the Prep-kitchen). A copy of the Inspection Report must be provided to the FMC office. Until this report is provided, the vendor will NOT be approved by Toronto Public Health, thus will not be able to vend at any FMC events.
28. All vendors are responsible for obtaining their own Business Licenses and Liability Insurance which MUST show FMC, City of Toronto, and all Major Sponsors as insureds. This must be done
in advance and a copy sent to FMC office. INSURANCE CERTIFICATE CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE MARKETPLACE DEPARTMENT
29. The FMC will not be held responsible for third party liability for safety of food or merchandise sold.
TORONTO PUBLIC HEALTH
30. It is also MANDATORY that all food vendors fill out and return the Temporary Food Establishment Application provided by Toronto Public Health. This must be returned with your vending application.
31. All Food vendors MUST attend one of the two below MANDATORY Safe Food Handling Workshops. Failure to attend this workshop will result in the vendor being denied entry at the event and monies paid will not be refunded:
Date: June 16, 2020 Time: 6:00 – 8.00pm
Location: Scarborough Civic Center, 150 Borough Drive, Scarborough
Date: July 21, 2020 Time: 6:00 – 8.00pm
Location: Etobicoke Civic Centre (Council Chamber Room) 399 The West Mall, Etobicoke, ON M9C 2Y2
CANCELLATIONCancellations made 14 days or more in advance of the event date, will receive a 100% refund less deposit. All deposits are non-refundable.Cancellations made after this time are non-refundable.
32. The Marketplace Coordinator can be reached at: 19 Waterman Road, Toronto, Ontario, T: (416) 391-5608 or F: (416) 391-5693
Culinary food preparation must be done at an approved Toronto Public Health Kitchen. The culinary artiste who is using a prep-kitchen outside of the GTA will be required to provide an inspection report.
NO HOME PREPARATION ALLOWED.
The applicant agrees to abide by the rules and regulations as above. All payments must be made by Cash, Money Order, Certified Cheque Debit or Credit Cards, payable to Festival Management Committee.
Please note: All culinary artiste must have and provide a copy of liability insurance of $2Million or more. Include the Festival Management Committee, the City of Toronto and all Major Sponsors as insureds.
TORONTO CARIBBEAN CARNIVAL GO GREEN PROGRAM
The Toronto Caribbean Carnival is proud to be an ECO-FRIENDLY festival. To achieve our mission of going green, we are taking many eco-conscious steps including the elimination of Styrofoam and plastic serving products at our events. Vendors are now required to use biodegradable/compostable food service products when vending at any Toronto Caribbean Carnival event. These items include cutlery, food containers, cups, (and any other item involved in food dispensing). Any Vendor not using biodegradable/compostable products will be asked to remove them immediately.
Toronto Caribbean Carnival and the Festival Management Committee are proud to announce our new Point of Sale Merchant Program, managed by MYXP and First Data Canada - the largest payment technology solutions company in the world. Each vendor will be provided with a P.O.S. terminal to process event related credit, debit and mobile payments along with free social media account management on MYXP.ca. Merchant receives include:
· Setup and Management
· Direct bank deposit of daily earnings
· Terminal delivery & pickup
· Coupon redemption and fulfillment For more information,please contact 416-224-9646.