FORM # MKP19
A REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $500.00 IS REQUIRED FOR CLEAN UP OR DAMAGES IF OCCURRED.
2019 CULINARY/ ARTS & CRAFT ARTISTE RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The application for Culinary Foods, Arts & Crafts business partners'
space shall not become a binding contract between the Culinary Foods, Arts & crafts business partners of the Festival Management Committee (FMC) until the signing of the application form.
2. Sales of all Vending Sales/Permit are final and therefore not refundable. A $300 refundable damage deposit is required at time of registration for all events except the Grand Parade which carries a fee of $500.00
3. Culinary Foods, Arts & Culture business partners are NOT ALLOWED to photocopy permits or truck passes.
4. Permits must be produced at the point of entry. Business partners without their permits will be denied entry. Culinary Foods, Arts & Culture business partners will be strictly controlled by Security and Police. Culinary Food, Arts and crafts business partners will be directed to their designated allocated areas.
5. Culinary Foods, Arts and Crafts business partners Permits must remain on site at all times (permit check). Those found without permits and/or unable to produce them when requested will be removed from the park.
6. Culinary Food, Arts & Crafts business partners are allowed to park directly behind their tents. Applies to 10x10 & 20x20 tents only. (1) For 10X10, (2) for 20X20.
7. The FMC will provide each business partner with a parking permit to be placed inside the left-hand side of the windshield. Vehicles without this sticker entry will not be allowed.
8. Culinary, Foods, Arts & Crafts business partners must provide containers to collect garbage generated from sales and ensure that their area is restored to its original state (free of garbage). Garbage bags may be left tied up on site for pick-up.
9. Culinary, Foods, business partners must have clean containers and utensils for both preparation and serving of food.
10. Hot dog carts must remain stationary. Hot dog, Festival Business partners are allowed one cart.
11. Culinary, Food, Arts & Crafts are business partners are NOT ALLOWED to sell food/perishable goods in a Water/Beverage Spot.
12. The sale of Alcohol is prohibited. Any Culinary Food, Arts & Crafts business partners found selling alcohol will be subjected to Police action, up to and including eviction.
13. Al beverages sold must be in cans. No glass containers are allowed on the grounds.
14. Culinary, Food, Arts & crafts business partners are NOT ALLOWED to sell T-SHIRTS PROMOTING any FMC Events.
15. All barbecues should be operated at the back of the tent. (At least 3 ft. away from TENT and MUST have a working fire extinguisher.
16. Culinary Food, Arts & Crafts are not allowed to switch or remove numbers or staking signs as this will result in removal from the Marketplace. ALL SIGNS MUST BE ATTACHED TO THE TENT (S) ASSIGNED.
17. All food Culinary Food, Arts & Crafts business partners are required to attend the Public Health Department meetings. Business partners will be periodically checked by the Public Health Department to ensure compliance with the Health and Safety Rules. THIS IS MANDATORY.
18. Culinary Food, Arts & Crafts business partners who are using a Prep kitchen outside of the GTA will be required to provide an Inspection Report of the Prep -kitchen being used. (Copies of the Inspection Report can be obtained directly from the Prep-kitchen). A copy of the Inspection Report must be provided to the FMC office. Until this report is provided, you will NOT be approved by Toronto Public Health, thus will not be able to participate at any of the FMC Events.
19. All Culinary Food, Arts & Crafts business partners are responsible for obtaining their own Business Licenses and Liability Insurance, which MUST show FMC, City of Toronto Parks Forestry & recreation as an additional insured. This must be completed in advance and a copy sent to FMC Office. INSURANCE CERTIFICATE CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE CULINARY DEPARTMENT
20. The FMC will not be held responsible for third party liability for safety of food or merchandise sold.
21. Any Culinary Food, Arts & Crafts business partner who causes damage to FMC Tents or City of Toronto Property will be held liable and a fine will be imposed.
22. No Culinary Food, Arts or Crafts business partners is allowed to remove any of the FMC tents if caught a fine will be imposed and band from the festival.
23. Culinary Foods Arts & Crafts business partners are prohibited from providing their own music or sound system, unless permission is sort.
24. Police will assist FMC personnel to conduct spot checks for illegal items.
25. The FMC Management Committee reserves the right to conduct such searches to ensure the safety of patrons. Any Culinary Food, Arts & Craft business partners not wishing to be searched should withdraw from participation in the CULINARY GARDENS.
26. All Culinary Food Arts & Craft business partners choosing spots inside a beer tents, please note that children/ persons under the age of 18 are not allowed in these booth/areas.
27. All Culinary Foods, Arts & crafts business partners must have FALSE FLOORING (e.g. ply, rubber puzzle pieces) to cover the ground area of the tent. Failure to do so will result with your booth being closed by the public health inspectors and a fee will be levied. Please note: ALL FLOORING MUST BE REMOVED WHEN LEAVING.
28. Culinary Food, Arts & Craft business partners are requested to enter through Colborne Lodge and Lakeshore Blvd Gates............
29. It is also MANDATORY that all food Culinary Food, business partners complete and return the Temporary Food Establishment Application provided by Toronto Public Health. This must be returned with your Event Application.
30. All Culinary Food, business partners MUST attend any of the two MANDATORY Safe Food Handling Workshops. Failure to attend any of these workshops will result in your being denied entry at the event and Monies paid will not be refunded.
Date: June 25th & July 23rd, 2019
Time: 6:30 - 8.30pm
Location: East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave, Toronto
31. Festival Time: 10:00 am - 8:00 p.m. Set-up from 2:00 am - 8:30 am. THERE WILL BE NO ENTRY TO THE CULINARY GARDENS AFTER 8.30 AM.
32. The CULINARY GARDEN Coordinator can be reached at: 19 Waterman Road, Toronto, Ontario, T: (416) 391-5608 or F: (416) 391-5693
33. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE MENTIONED RULES WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING REMOVED AND BARRED FROM VENDING AT ANY FMC EVENTS FOR A PERIOD OF UP TO 5 YEARS.
34. THE FESTIVAL HAS BEEN MANDATED TO GO GREEN, THEREFORE NO STYROFOAM CONTAINERS, PLASTIC GLASSES, OR CUTLERY ARE ALLOWED AT THE TORONTO CARIBBEAN CARNIVAL EVENTS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE YOUR SUPPLY OF ORGANIC ITEMS. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS REGULATION YOU WILL BE CLOSED DOWN AND NOT ALLOWED TO FURTHER PARTICIPATE.
NO PLASTIC BOTTLE WATER IS ALLOWED ON CITY PROPERTY. ONLY TETRA PACK WATER. THIS IS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY BY THE CITY OF TORONTO PARKS, FORESTRY AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT PLEASE SPEAK WITH MARKETPLACE COORDINATOR TO ORDER TETRA PACK WATER FOR YOUR
FOOD PREPARATION MUST BE COMPLETED AT AN APPROVED TORONTO PUBLIC HEALTH KITCHEN.
Culinary Food Business partners who will be using a prep-kitchen outside of the GTA will be required to provide an inspection report.
***NO HOME PREPARATION ALLOWED***
Culinary food preparation must be done at an approved Toronto Public Health Kitchen. The culinary artiste who is using a prep-kitchen outside of the GTA will be required to provide an inspection report.
NO HOME PREPARATION ALLOWED.
The applicant agrees to abide by the rules and regulations as above. All payments must be made by Cash, Money Order, Certified Cheque Debit or Credit Cards, payable to Festival Management Committee.
Please note: All culinary artiste must have and provide a copy of liability insurance of $2Million or more. Include the Festival Management Committee, the City of Toronto and all Major Sponsors as insureds.