Leak Adjustment Guidelines:
1. A water leak must be on the CUSTOMER’S side of the meter. There is no adjustment to be made if a leak is on the CITY’S side because water would not register through the customer’s meter.
IMPORTANT! Submitting this form is NOT a guarantee that an adjustment will be applied to your utility account. You will be notified when a determination is made. If a leak adjustment is requested and granted, it is done as a one-time courtesy for the life of the account. The adjustment will only be considered after all leaks have been repaired and receipts are received. Disputing a bill or contacting the City regarding a bill shall not relieve the customer of the obligation to make timely payment as specified in section 33-78 of the City’s Municipal Code. For more information, please visit www.glendaleaz.com or call 623-930-3190.
To Qualify for an Adjustment, the Following Conditions Must Be Met:
1. ALL leaks must be repaired prior to applying for relief. A plumbing invoice or parts receipt must accompany the request.
2. The adjustment will be for no more than two months of excess usage.
3. This is a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME adjustment per account and can only be used by one family member in the residence.
4. The leak must be three times the normal monthly usage in order to be considered for an adjustment.
5. The customer will pay an estimated amount on the water service and full payment on all other services in order to keep their account reasonably current.
6. To be considered for an adjustment, the customer must file the appropriate paperwork within 3 months of the billing month in which the high usage occurred.
Upon approval, the request will be forwarded to the billing department for adjustment on the next available billing. Customers will be informed of the results.