Before you begin, please be advised that in order to obtain this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
Application Deadline July 1, 2019
1. The applicant must be between the ages of 8 and 20.
2. The intensive program must be LOCATED OUTSIDE of the Houston Metropolitan area.
3. The applicant must have been a member of the cast of Houston’s Urban Nutcracker the year prior to submission.
4. Or have attended a LPAI Intensive Program or Workshop the year prior to submission.
5. You must submit a video of your work performing the following:
· A one minute and thirty second classical ballet combination.
· And a one minute and 30 second Modern or Contemporary combination.
6. You must show proof of recent high academic or scholastic standing.
7. You must submit three letters of recommendation from the following professionals:
· 1-Academic teacher or Teaching professional,
· 1-Dance Teacher or Dance professional.
· 1-Community Service Professional whom you’ve worked for.
8. Complete the attached LPAI Intensive Program Scholarship Application./span>
9. Have your credit card ready to pay the $30.00 application fee.
Scholarship Reward Requirements
If awarded the LPAI Intensive Program Scholarship you will be required to provide the following:
1. A video recording of you participating in your intensive program class or a recording of you participating in a culminating performance which illustrates the skills that you were taught at your intensive.
2. Photos of your participation in the Summer Intensive. (Photos may be with friends or instructors).
3. Video/Photos of your current or former community service activities.
4. Participation in an LPAI follow-up interview.
Best of luck! We wish you optimal success in pursuing your dancing dreams!
President, Lab Performing Arts Initiative, Inc.
3939 Hillcroft Suite #160
Houston, Texas 77057