For students who withdraw or terminate prior to course completion (after three business days of signing the contract), the following schedule of tuition earned by the school applies. Please note that No attendance incentives or discounts will be accounted for in the refund calculation, as they will be voided upon cancellation, withdrawal, or termination.
An applicant who provides written notice of cancellation within three (3) business days after signing this enrollment contract BUT before starting any class, excluding weekends and holidays, of executing the enrollment agreement is entitled to a refund of some monies paid, excluding all the non-refundable fees and non-refundable provided items as listed online/this contract such as but not limited to student kits and book/online study platform.
A. A student choosing to withdraw from the school after the commencement of classes is to provide a written notice to the Director of the school. The notice must include the expected last date of attendance and be signed and dated by the student.
B. If special circumstances arise, a student may request, in writing, a leave of absence, which should include the date the student anticipates the leave beginning and ending. The withdrawal date will be the date the student is scheduled to return to from the leave of absence but fails to do so.
C. A student will be determined to be withdrawn from the institution if the student misses seven consecutive instructional days and all of the days are unexcused.
D. All refund must be submitted within 45 days of the determination of the withdrawal date.
E. All due/tuition based on scheduled time must be paid by withdrawn student at the time of withdrawal. Default on payment will be determined and sent to Collection Agency, which would potentially affect the student's credit.
GENERAL TERMS OF AGREEMENT
· Shall provide programs of study that meet minimum curriculum requirements as prescribed by the state regulatory agency. May change kit contents, textbooks, dress code, and curriculum format, teaching materials or educational methods at its discretion.
· Will grant a diploma of graduation and Official Transcript of Hours for the applicable course when the student has successfully completed all phases of study required tests, practical assignments; passed a final comprehensive written and practical examination; completed the program of study according to State requirements; completed all exit paperwork; attended an exit interview and made satisfactory arrangements for payment of all debts owed to the school.
· Will issue an Official Transcript of Hours to students who withdraw prior to program completion when the student has successfully completed the required exit paperwork attended an exit interview and made satisfactory arrangements for debts owed to the school as approved by the School.
· Will assist graduates in finding suitable employment by posting area employment opportunities and teaching Job Readiness classes, but placement is not guaranteed.
· May terminate a student's enrollment for noncompliance with General Policies, this contract, or State Laws and Regulations; Improper conduct or any action which causes or could cause bodily harm to a client, a student, or employee of the school; willful destruction of school property; and theft or any illegal act.
· Agrees to pay applicable school and state fees and provide all required registration paperwork in a timely manner.
· Agrees to comply with all Standards of Conduct, General Policies, State Laws and Regulations, and educational requirements including clinic assignments.
· Agrees not to refuse to perform client services or other program requirements.
· Agrees to provide all financial aid documents, if applicable, in the designated time frame.
· Agrees to comply with the school’s dress code at all times and project a professional image representative of the cosmetology and image industry. Agrees to comply with the assigned schedule for the applicable program of study which may change from time to time at the discretion of the school.
· Agrees to attend theory class as scheduled for the duration of the course of study regardless of whether all required tests have been taken and passed.
· Understands that if he/she is a Title IV financial aid recipient,* minimum attendance and grade requirements must be maintained for satisfactory progress; failure to comply will result in loss of eligibility for financial aid according to the policy found in the catalog.
· Understands that he/she is responsible for the state licensing exam fee and other examination or licensing-related expenses.
REFUND POLICY – NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
For students who enroll and begin classes but withdraw prior to course completion (after three business days of signing the contract), the following schedule of tuition earned by the school applies:
PERCENT OF SCHEDULED TIME
ENROLLED TO TOTAL COURSE
TOTAL TUITION SCHOOL
(Amount due to student whom did not make payment in advance)
|0.01% to 04.9%
|5% to 09.9%
|10% to 14.9%
|15% to 24.9%
|25% to 49.9%
|50% and over
Any monies due the applicant or student shall be refunded within 45 days of formal cancellation date as defined above. In the case of disabling illness or injury, death in the student's immediate family or other documented mitigating circumstances, a reasonable and fair refund settlement will be made. If permanently closed or no longer offering instruction after a student has enrolled, the school will provide a pro-rata refund of tuition to the student. If the course is canceled subsequent to a student's enrollment, the school will either provide a full refund of all monies paid or completion of the course at a later time. The school does not participate in any teach-out plans with other institutions.
Students who withdraw or terminate prior to course completion are charged a cancellation or administrative fee of $150.00. This refund policy applies to tuition and fees charged in the enrollment agreement. Other miscellaneous charges the student may have incurred at the institution (EG: extra kit materials, books, products, unreturned school property, etc.) will be calculated separately at the time of withdrawal. All fees are identified in the catalog and in this enrollment agreement.
If a Title IV financial aid recipient* withdraws prior to the course completion, a calculation for return of TIV funds will be completed and any applicable returns by the school shall be paid, as applicable, first to unsubsidized Federal Stafford Student Loan Program; second to subsidized Federal Stafford Student Loan Program; third to Federal Pell Grant Program; fourth to other Federal, State, private or institutional student financial assistance programs; and last to the student. After all applicable returns to TIV aid have been made, this refund policy will apply to determine the amount earned by the school and owed by the student. If the student has received personal payments of Title IV aid, he/she may be required to refund the aid to the applicable program.
*The School is not currently eligible to participate in federal Title IV Financial Aid Programs
Notice to Student
1. Do not sign this agreement before you have read it or if it contains any blank spaces.
2. This agreement is a legally binding instrument. Both sides of the contract are binding only when the agreement is accepted, signed, and dated by the authorized official of the school or the admissions officer at the school’s principal place of business. Read both sides before signing.
3. You are entitled to an exact copy of this agreement and any disclosure pages you sign.
4. This agreement and the school catalog constitute the entire agreement between the student and the school.
5. Although the school will provide placement assistance, the school does not guarantee job placement to graduates upon program completion or upon graduation.
6. The school reserves the right to reschedule the program start date with the number of students scheduled is too small.
7. The school reserves the right to terminate a students’ training for unsatisfactory progress, nonpayment of tuition, or failure to abide by established standards of conduct.
8. The school does not guarantee the transferability of credits to a college, university, or institution. Any decision on the comparability, appropriateness, and applicability of credit and whether they should be accepted is the decision of the receiving institution.
9. The school scholarship is applied and ONLY applied to those students who are committed to complete the entire program/course (cosmetology, esthetics, nail technology and cosmetology/esthetics/nail technology instructor) with the school, and also committed to following the agreeable contract as set forth above: full-time (30-40 hours/week), part-time (20-30 hours/week) and others (less than 20 hours/week). The student is entitled to pay the full price ($16/hour) without a school scholarship.