Coaching is an ongoing relationship between a coach and a person who desires coaching. We both agree that:
1. Coaching is not therapy, counseling, advice giving, mental healthcare, or treatment for substance abuse or any addictive behavior. The coach is not functioning as a licensed mental health professional, therapist or counselor, and coaching is not intended as a replacement for counseling, psychiatric interventions, treatment for mental illness, recovery from past abuse, professional medical advice, financial assistance, legal counsel,
or other professional services.
2. Coaching is for people who are basically well adjusted, emotionally healthy, functioning fairly effectively, and wanting to make improvements in their lives.
3. Coaching is designed to address issues the person being coached would like to consider. These could include (but are not limited to) personal foundation, career development, relationship enhancement, spiritual growth, healthy lifestyle management, life balance, decision-making, and achieving short-term or long-term goals.
4. Successful coaching will be an ongoing relationship that may take a number of months, although either party can terminate the relationship at any time. I understand that coaching involves answering questions that may be difficult and requires me to dig deeply, providing time and attention to completing weekly goals and emailing a completed Pre-Coaching Information Form 24 hours prior to each session.
5. Coaching can involve brainstorming, values clarification, the completion of written assignments, education, goal-setting, identifying plans of action, accountability, making requests, agreements to change behavior, examining lifestyles, and questioning.
6. Coaching is most effective when both parties are honest and straightforward in their communication.
7. Payment for coaching services will be agreed on by both parties, prior to beginning sessions, to the fee, form of payment, procedures for canceled appointments, and initial length of commitment.
8. Coaching is a confidential relationship and the coach agrees to keep all information strictly confidential, except in those situations where such confidentiality would violate the law.
9. Coaching expects that each person in the relationship is guided by his or her values and beliefs. Your coach is a follower of Jesus Christ and seeks to personally live according to that commitment with integrity. We agree to respect any different values and beliefs and do not seek to impose our own values on each other. Your coach will not attempt to convert,
judge, or refuse coaching services if we do not share similar values and beliefs, but will coach within the values and beliefs and honest explorations of the person being coached.
10. We agree to the following business arrangements: The monthly fee of (amount discussed) for (the package/sessions chosen) is as shown below. If I do not cancel any session with 24-hours notice I will forfeit the session fee.
11. The coach reserves the right to record coaching sessions to be used for evaluation and improvement of their coaching skill and/or submission to the ICF for a credentialing process.
12. I understand the pre-session coaching form is due 24 hours prior to the coaching call and if I do not submit 24 hours in advance of the session, the coaching call will be automatically cancelled.