Before you begin, please be advised that in order to obtain this scholarship, you must meet the following qualifications:
* Important: If accepted into the Black Swan Project, you cannot compete or perform on behalf of any other studio, school, company, or performing arts organization. This is an independent study program.
Application Deadline July 1, 2019
1. The applicant must be between the ages of 12-18.
2. Must have classical ballet training.
3. Must reside in the Houston Metro area.
4. The applicant must have been a member of the cast of Houston’s Urban Nutcracker the year prior to submission.
5. Or have attended a LPAI Intensive Program or Workshop the year prior to submission.
6. You can not have any other commitment that may interfere with your dance course work.
7. You must submit a video of you performing the following:
Ballet Video Qualifications:
(Video should not exceed 10 minutes in length).
Ballet Barre-All barre exercise should be demonstrated on one side only.
Introduce yourself by stating your full name and age.
One demi and grande plie' combination
One tendu combination
Rond de jambe a terre combination
Developpe devant, a la seconde, derriere
Ballet Center Floor Work-(All center combinations should be on both sides).
Grand Allegro across floor
Pointe Exercises/Combination (Required)
A one minute classical ballet variation demonstrating pointe skills.
A center pointe combination which demonstrates the following skills:
pique turns or pirouette
8. You must show proof of recent high academic or scholastic standing.
10. Must provide video or photos of your current or former community service activities.
11. You must submit three letters of recommendation from the following professionals:
· 1-Academic teacher or Teaching professional,
· 1-Dance Teacher or Dance professional.
· 1-Community Service Professional whom you’ve worked for.
12. Complete the attached LPAI Black Swan Project Program Scholarship Application.
Scholarship Reward Requirements
If awarded the LPAI Black Swan Project Scholarship you will be required to provide the following:
Participate in LPAI quarterly interviews with your mentor.
Compete in a regional ballet competition.
Perform in a minimum of two performance events assigned by LPAI.
Best of luck! We wish you optimal success in pursuing your dancing dreams!
President, Lab Performing Arts Initiative, Inc.
3939 Hillcroft Suite #160
Houston, Texas 77057