Welcome Applicant! Please Read Again as our guidelines have been updated!
Before you begin, please be advised that in order to obtain this scholarship, you must meet the following qualifications:
* Important: This program is ideal for dancers who ahve already been accepted into a classical ballet academy program. However, if you have not, this is an independent study program. Culture Arts Initiative, will help to provide you with a rigiurous 10 mos curriculum and provide financial support to attend various programs throughout your area.
Application Opens: August 1, 2021
Application Deadine: September 1, 2021
1. The applicant must be between the ages of 12-18.
2. Must have classical ballet training.
3. Must reside in the Houston Metro area or Must already be accepted in a classical ballet program outside of the Houston Metropolitan area.
4. You can not have any other commitment that may interfere with your dance course work.
5. You must submit a video of you performing the following:
Ballet Video Qualifications:
(Video should not exceed 10 minutes in length).
Ballet Barre-All barre exercise should be demonstrated on one side only.
Introduce yourself by stating your full name and age.
One demi and grande plie' combination
One tendu combination
Rond de jambe a terre combination
Developpe devant, a la seconde, derriere
Ballet Center Floor Work-(All center combinations should be on both sides).
Grand Allegro across floor
Pointe Exercises/Combination (Required)
A one minute classical ballet variation demonstrating pointe skills.
A center pointe combination which demonstrates the following skills:
pique turns or pirouette
8. You must show proof of recent high academic or scholastic standing.
10. Must provide video or photos of your current or former community service activities.
11. You must submit three letters of recommendation from the following professionals:
· 1-Academic teacher or Teaching professional,
· 1-Dance Teacher or Dance professional.
· 1-Community Service Professional whom you’ve worked for.
12. Complete the attached CAI Black Swan Project Program Scholarship Application.
Scholarship Reward Requirements
If awarded the CAI Black Swan Project Scholarship you will be required to provide the following:
Participate in CAI quarterly interviews with your mentor.
Perform in a minimum of two performance events.
Best of luck! We wish you optimal success in pursuing your dancing dreams!
President,Culture Arts Initiative, Inc.
2450 Louisiana St Ste 400- 352
Houston, TX 77006
For questions regarding our application process please contact Afi Frank, Director of Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org.