We are so excited that you are interested in joining Student Leadership.
Our mission here at RSM (Remyx Student Ministries) is to relationally love students to Christ-centered wholeness.
Student leadership in RSM is a group of students who have recognized their leadership potential and have decided to serve their church, school and community – creating an RSM culture where students are loved, welcomed and where they can encounter Jesus.
We are committed to living out Matthew 20:25-26 which says "But Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. 26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant." In student leadership, we will lead by serving.
Student Leadership Expectations:
1. We expect you to be pursuing growth in your relationship with Jesus.
2. We expect you to regularly attend and participate in your FAM group on Wednesdays and reach out to other students in your small group throughout the week.
3. We expect you to be serving in some ministry within your Sunday church at least once a month.
4. We expect you to hold yourself to higher standards. Understanding that none of us are perfect, we expect you to consistently look at your life and assess if your actions are glorifying God.
5. We expect you to participate in our weekly meetings at 5:30pm on Wednesdays
6. We expect you to bring your bible and journal to youth group and to read your Bible at home
7. We expect you to attend RSM Wednesday services consistently, and communicate when situations arise that cause you to miss service.
8. We expect you to understand that you are held to a higher standard, and therefore be open and receptive to correction/accountability from RSM leaders regarding your actions, words, social media usage, clothing, etc.
Failure to uphold these expectations may result in you being removed from Student Leadership.
We understand that leading this way is a learning process. We want you to know that we are committed to helping you grow as a leader, who serves their family, church, school, and community.