Take part in NRC's 2019 Food Literacy Forum!
About the Forum
This year’s forum will explore the shifts that will be required in eating habits and food choices in order to benefit the health of current and future generations as well as the health of our planet.
The forum will explore what sustainable eating is from a food literacy perspective in order to help health professionals, educators, service providers, and other stakeholders understand how to clearly convey evidence-based messaging and accessible strategies around sustainable eating to their audiences.
We will also be exploring the needed shifts on a broader systems level to better empower individuals to follow a healthy and sustainable eating pattern in their communities.
We're looking for innovative programs, policies, or other initiatives related to sustainable eating to feature during our concurrent and plenary sessions.
Areas of Focus:
- Dietetics: the role of the RD in shaping policies, programs, and recommendations for healthy and sustainable eating patterns.
- Education: sustainable eating initiatives in schools (K-12) or childcare settings.
- Campus: sustainable eating initiatives which are led by or engage students and youth in post-secondary institutions.
- Food Service: sustainable eating initiatives in restaurants or food service organizations.
- Food Waste: initiatives to reduce food waste at any step in the supply chain.
- Communication: initiatives to raise awareness of sustainable eating among specific target audiences or the general public.
Not sure if your submission fits? No worries! Submit your abstract and we’ll review it!
- This year’s forum will not feature a poster session. Submissions (including research projects) will be considered for presentation segments only.
- Please be prepared to speak on your work for 20-30 minutes.
- You may submit more than one initiative for consideration.
- Submissions will be assessed on quality, originality, relevance to the forum theme, practical learning value, and contribution to the forum program and current body of knowledge related to healthy and sustainable eating.
Submission deadline is July 8th, 2019
Have a question? Contact Sylvia at email@example.com
Please be sure to click the
submit button at the end of this form.