Before you begin, please be advised that in order to obtain this scholarship, you must meet the following qualifications:
* Important: If accepted into the Build a Budding Ballerina program, you must be able to attend all of the assigned classes, private sessions, and performances. This is an independent study project, that requires full participation.
Application Deadline July 1, 2019
1. The applicant must be between the ages of 8-11.
2. Must have classical ballet training.
3. Must reside in the Houston Metro area.
4. The applicant must have been a member of the cast of Houston’s Urban Nutcracker the year prior to submission.
5. Or have attended a LPAI Intensive Program or Workshop the year prior to submission.
6. You can not have any other commitment that may interfere with your dance course work.
7. You must remit a $30 Application Fee at the completion of this application.
8. You must submit a video of you performing the following:
Ballet Video Qualifications:
(Video should not exceed 10 minutes in length).
Ballet Barre-All barre exercise should be demonstrated on one side only.
Introduce yourself by stating your full name and age.
One demi and grande plie' combination
One tendu combination
Rond de jambe a terre combination
Developpe devant, a la seconde, derriere
Ballet Center Floor Work-(All center combinations should be on both sides).
Grand Allegro across floor
9. You must show proof of recent satisfactory academic or scholastic standing.
10. You must submit two letters of recommendation from the following professionals:
· 1-Academic teacher or Teaching professional,
· 1-Dance Teacher or Dance professional.
11. Complete the attached LPAI Budding Ballerina Program Scholarship Application.
Scholarship Reward Requirements
If awarded the LPAI Build a Budding Ballerina Scholarship you will be required to provide the following:
Participate in LPAI quarterly interviews with your mentor.
Perform in performance event(s) assigned by LPAI.
Best of luck! We wish you optimal success in pursuing your dancing dreams!
President, Lab Performing Arts Initiative, Inc.
3939 Hillcroft Suite #160
Houston, Texas 77057