IV - Special Permission
You may request special permission to have one or more of the following items at your event:
- Be sure that you select to have electrical outlets for your shelter.
- If you choose to to rent an inflatable for your event, please provide me with a Certificate of Liability from whom ever you choose as your vendor and submit it to my email.
- Please be sure that the “City of Brentwood- 1750 Gen. George Patton Drive, Brentwood, TN 37027” is added as an additional insured.
- This is a mandatory document - NOT OPTIONAL- in order to have the inflatable brought in to the park and inflated on the property for your event.
- If this document has not been received at a minimum of 1 week prior to your event, you will not be able to have an inflatable in the park.
- If one is put up w/out this document, you will be told to have it removed immediately.
- Once we have received your COL, we will forward you a map with authorized set up locations for the inflatable at your event.
- This MUST be a propane grill with a portable fire extinguisher.
We do NOT allow outside charcoal grills of any kind on park property.
The charcoal grills that we supply at 4 of our 5 parks are commercial grade and are cemented into the ground. The parks department maintains these grills so that the public may use them.
We do not supply the charcoal to use.
- Please make sure that all embers are completely out before you vacate the shelter after your event. You do not have to empty them.
We love that you want to celebrate your event with some decorations and flare.
- Please respect the park property and do not staple or tack anything up or down.
- You may use double sided tape or regular tape or string. When your event is over, the decorations all need to be removed and the remnents of tape or string need to be removed as well.
- All decorations need to be kept inside of the shelter/pavilion. Nothing along the pathway, at the entrances, parking lot, playground, etc.
- If you would like to have an outside catering service deliver or serve your meal, we are all for it. Just let us know that you intend to do so, that way our staff can be sure that they belong there.
- You will need to prepay for your caterer before entering the park.
Food trucks offer a variety of fun options.
- We do allow a maximum of 2 food trucks inside of the park without a permit from the codes department.
- The food truck MUST be prepaid prior to entering park property. Absolutely NO money can be exchanged on park property.
- The food truck is to indicate to the public that they are there for a private event by posting a sign in the window or a message board outside of their vehicle.
- The vendor is to provide for your event only. Other park patrons may not come to vendor for service.
- Once all guests of your event have been served, the food truck will need to begin their clean up and exit the property.
We want you to have fun and let loose with some tunes, games and other entertainment. But we also want you to remember that there are citizens that live in the area and we want to respect them as well. (Ord. No. 2014-07 , § 1, 2-9-2015)
- Smith Park and Owl Creek Park are the only two locations that we do not allow the use of amplified sound. Smith Park has the Ravenswood Mansion just across from the shelter and often times there is a wedding or other private event going on at the same time as shelter reservation.
- Live entertainment such as musicians, character actors, bands, magicians, etc., are welcome.
- The sound rule applies to these elements as well for Smith and Owl Creek Park.