The Association for Preservation Technology-Delaware Valley Chapter (APT-DVC) is excited to once again provide scholarship opportunities for the annual conference of the Association for Preservation Technology International (APTI). This year, APT-DVC will provide registration to the conference plus a stipend for additional conference and travel expenses to two active APT-DVC members: one Emerging Professional and one Student. The conference in Miami, FL runs from November 19-23.
We believe that the annual APTI conference (www.apti.org) provides an excellent opportunity for emerging professionals to interact with established members of the field. In addition, the lectures, tours, and other events at the conference provide numerous avenues for professional development. Encouraging emerging professionals to participate in the conference follows APT-DVC’s core mission to promote communication in the field and to increase members’ knowledge and understanding of best practices.
Applicants for the APTI Conference Scholarships must follow these prerequisites:
- Must be a current member of APT-DVC
- Student: Must provide proof of current student status in a relevant, accredited graduate, undergraduate, or trade apprenticeship program.
- Emerging Professional: Must provide proof of graduation from a relevant, accredited graduate, undergraduate, or trade apprenticeship program within 5 years of the application deadline.
Application for the Sponsorship must include:
- Completed application form
- Current CV or resume
- Personal statement
- One recommendation letter (from APT member encouraged)
- Preliminary budget of expenses for conference and travel expenses limited to $1200 (excluding conference registration)
Applications are due by 11:59 PM on Friday, August 30, 2019. They will be reviewed by a committee of APT-DVC board members and recipients will be announced on Friday, September 13. The scholarship recipients will be expected to submit a brief report (500 words and 3 images) of their conference experience within 30 days of the event for APT-DVC to share with its members.
Please contact APT-DVC board member Kevin Wohlgemuth at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the application process.